PDA

View Full Version : Wii crashed and not working

goldenslider
April 15th, 2007, 19:15
I was on the Everyone Votes Channel, then when I came off it back to the main menu, the Wii crashed and now I can no longer get it to work. When I switch it on, it does the usual "Press A" bit, then the menu channels screen comes up with a bit of the music, then it freezes and the music stops after about 2 seconds, so I have to press and hold the Power button to switch it off. It's been like that for about two hours now. Is there any way I can get it working again without having to send it away to get fixed? I'm not bothering too much about losing saves or Virtual games, but I can't deal with the hassle of sending the console away.

ICE
April 15th, 2007, 19:37
unplug it for 15 seconds and try again.

goldenslider
April 15th, 2007, 19:51
I've tried that. Ive had it unplugged for about 20 mins, but the problem still happens. I was sure I read somewhere there was a hard reset or something that could be done with the buttons on the front, but I can't find anything about it.

Shadowblind
April 15th, 2007, 19:53
Hmmm...Try holding in the Reset button on the Wii. I don't know if it'll do anything, but its worth a shot... :(

goldenslider
April 15th, 2007, 20:31
still not workin im afraid. Looks like I'm gonna have to call Nintendo support tomorrow morning. A Bummer too, bought Wii Play today and havent had a chance to try it yet.

ryan2006
April 15th, 2007, 22:05
dont worry your not missing out on much i think its pretty bad but it only cost £5 after you deduct the controll so and im sorry to hear about your wii too thats a bummer if you have to send it away but what ive heard is nintendo have the best customer service around

Darkfrost
July 8th, 2007, 15:34
Nintendo will probably replace it, they are nice guys ^^