PDA

View Full Version : Custom top menu plugins on 3.30 oe

Buddy4point0
April 16th, 2007, 01:33
I have upgraded to 3.30 oe and many people are wondering if top menu plugins work.
The answer is yes.
I have converted the black 32 icon set and put it into a 3.30 oe top menu plugin.
There is a small glitch though.
If you have a umd (game or movie) in your psp when you scroll to the network icon your psp will freeze.
But if there is no umd the top menu will work fine.
if your a sole hombrew user then i recomend that you use this.
well here you guys go:thumbup:

also if you want to edit this to make your top menus you have to use RCOedit113b (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=17885&d=1176641799)

DPyro
April 16th, 2007, 02:31
Thanks, I'll update to 3.30OE-A now and try this out :)

Buddy4point0
April 16th, 2007, 02:34
o problem dude

DarthPaul
April 16th, 2007, 02:36
Yeah I love you. I was charging my PSP to upgrade Omg that was like 3 hours ago..

scarph
April 16th, 2007, 02:45
gosh why does everyone care so much about custom icons and stuff. it does nothing for you. im too embarrased to show my psp to anyone, so i wouldnt care if they knew it was customized.

sonic3d
April 16th, 2007, 02:45
i know this may sound noobish but were do i put this?

hey SCARPH i know why you dont show your psp.... lol jk

Buddy4point0
April 16th, 2007, 02:47
i sent you instuctions in a pm.

scarph
April 16th, 2007, 02:47
What The Hell Did You Say To Me Sonic

blueasseddwarf
April 16th, 2007, 02:54
Is anyone else having issues with the file? I downloaded the .rco file and I put it on the PSP and then when I booted it the PSP semi-bricked. I recovered it by taking the old .rco file and replacing it again and then I tried it one more time and the same thing happened. Am I doing something wrong here? I put the file in the flash0 folder under vsh/resource.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Buddy4point0
April 16th, 2007, 03:09
Is anyone else having issues with the file? I downloaded the .rco file and I put it on the PSP and then when I booted it the PSP semi-bricked. I recovered it by taking the old .rco file and replacing it again and then I tried it one more time and the same thing happened. Am I doing something wrong here? I put the file in the flash0 folder under vsh/resource.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

take out any umd u have in. also make sure you have firmware 3.30

blueasseddwarf
April 16th, 2007, 03:10
take out any umd u have in. also make sure you have firmware 3.30

Yup, I have no UMDs in and I am running 3.30OE.. Any other ideas :(

BelmontSlayer
April 16th, 2007, 03:17
Yup, I have no UMDs in and I am running 3.30OE.. Any other ideas :(

I'm getting the same problem...No UMD and it still crashes.

thepita
April 16th, 2007, 03:22
I'm getting the same problem...No UMD and it still crashes.
Same here fresh 3.30 oe-a install. Placed in flash0 vsh resource. Freezez psp at boot. I even tried several othe topmenu from other sites converted for 3.30 and still crashes.

Buddy4point0
April 16th, 2007, 03:33
hmmm. why did it work on mine? try not having anything custom exept the top menu.

Cloudhunter
April 16th, 2007, 03:33
Set a fake region :)

Cloudy

DPyro
April 16th, 2007, 03:34
I'll test this out as soon as I'm done updating.

blueasseddwarf
April 16th, 2007, 03:36
hmmm. why did it work on mine? try not having anything custom exept the top menu.

That's all I have. Everything is default except for the topmenu_plugin.rco file when I flash the PSP.

DarthPaul
April 16th, 2007, 03:37

Can you upload the original 3.30 topmenuplugin.rco? Thanks.

blueasseddwarf
April 16th, 2007, 03:39
There, that should have the original in it. If that link doesn't work pm me and I can give you a link to my private server.

DarthPaul
April 16th, 2007, 03:42
There, that should have the original in it. If that link doesn't work pm me and I can give you a link to my private server.

Oh yeah thanks dude. My PSP is bricked right now lol. Hope this fixes it.

Edited: Yes! Fixed. + Rep for you. :)
Well it seems that topmenu's aren't working well for 3.30 yet.

blueasseddwarf
April 16th, 2007, 03:46
Oh yeah thanks dude. My PSP is bricked right now lol. Hope this fixes it.

Edited: Yes! Fixed. + Rep for you. :)

I'm glad it worked, thanks for the rep :). I know when it happened to mine I sat there looking at the PSP and I felt like I was gonna be sick if replacing the file didn't work.

Buddy4point0
April 16th, 2007, 04:00
its 1:00 am by me. ill look at why its not working for u guys tommarow

Gold Line
April 16th, 2007, 04:07
its 1:00 am by me. ill look at why its not working for u guys tommarow

i will up date my psp tomoz and try your topmenu but the umd thing dose not sound good

BelmontSlayer
April 16th, 2007, 04:10
Set a fake region :)

I tried both Japan & America, but it didn't make a difference...

DPyro
April 16th, 2007, 04:11
Ok, that topmenu from the first post works but the icons are all messed up.

EDIT: Ok I got a nice topmenu working. Will work on getting rid of the crummy shadow later, its bed time for me :D

EDIT2: Heres my final working version :)

Psyberjock
April 16th, 2007, 05:25
I think the reason it crashes on the Network menu is because of new submenu items that you haven't gotten fixed yet. I'll play around with it and see what happens.

froggie22
April 16th, 2007, 05:40
this problem has been fixed now and topmenus are working 100%

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=490180

ORGAN
April 16th, 2007, 05:44
I made one that works good try my topmenu

BelmontSlayer
April 16th, 2007, 06:05

Thanks! I finally got mine converted and working!!!

:thumbup:

Psyberjock
April 16th, 2007, 06:31
Ok, I've noticed something on the Japanese version of 3.30 OE.

There is a problem where the Game icon gets put over the Network menu and the Network icon slides to the right where there is nothing. On the Game menu where the Game icon should be, there is an old Network icon. A couple of the Japan only Network submenu icons also get replaced with little locked key looking things.

Note, this does work in 3.30, just not perfectly, and you do have to replace the shadows to make it work right. If you don't replace the shadows it will just lock up.

I think what we really really need, is to decrypt the 3.xx rco's so we can just see everything that's there and edit it at will.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that if you try to go to the option that is to the right of the Network menu (the one that appears to be the Network icon but is actually nothing) that is when it actually locks up. Also, UMD present or not doesn't matter in this instance.

siulmagic
April 16th, 2007, 07:07
im wonder if waves work

NSCXP2005
April 16th, 2007, 09:03
Mine works fine with a UMD in the drive, it doesn't freeze at all

b_simpson1999
April 16th, 2007, 11:46
is there a way to delete items? not disable i know how to do that, does it make more space on flash if u do, if u have custom items does it take more space or does it tepend on wot custom item your doing?

ONEDEADLYVENOM
April 16th, 2007, 13:23
thank u for the info btw ,can u go into more detail on how u install the top menu rco, and how u go about make it? Do u flash via a generic flasher or dump direct to flash ?

I know the risk btw and take full responsibility for my flashing!

What about other icon packs have u had any success with any others yet?

Thank you very much in advance for ur help!

ODV out!

DarthPaul
April 16th, 2007, 15:28

Woah man,many thanks. It's time to customize!! I have more fun and spend more time customizing my PSP than playing games...haha weird.

Psyberjock
April 16th, 2007, 15:33
thank u for the info btw ,can u go into more detail on how u install the top menu rco, and how u go about make it? Do u flash via a generic flasher or dump direct to flash ?

I know the risk btw and take full responsibility for my flashing!

What about other icon packs have u had any success with any others yet?

Thank you very much in advance for ur help!

ODV out!

Just load into the safe mode by holding the right trigger while turning on the PSP from a cold boot and then go to advanced and enable usb flash0. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP THE OLD FILE, then just drag and drop. Wait a few seconds to make sure everything is finalized and restart the PSP by exiting the safe mode. If it locks up before loading the icons, hard reset and load into safe mode again and replace the backup.

Easy peasy.

Any icon pack should work as long as you follow all the proper steps previously described.

Harshboy
April 16th, 2007, 17:27
Sweet, first i was gonna update from 3.03 OE-C to 3.10 because of the custom top_menu.rco but now i guess i'll update to 3.30! Even better, this is the theme i use :)

CSPERFECTGT
April 16th, 2007, 17:47
can someone help me with those f**king shadows?:mad: please,i will +rep you!

DPyro
April 16th, 2007, 18:13
can someone help me with those f**king shadows?:mad: please,i will +rep you!

Extract this file, and click replace multiple in RCOeditor.

CSPERFECTGT
April 16th, 2007, 18:40
thanks!i will +rep you immediately!if you ever need some help,i will be glad to help you.

neosayuki
April 16th, 2007, 19:53
Thanks $n!pR I just repped you.

Anger
April 16th, 2007, 20:52
i take it you didnt hear about the guy that made a perfect (nearly - ill explain later) custom icon set that does not crash? i used his icons and changed the main icons for my own custom ones and still no crash.
now i say no crash and i say perfect but only perfect if:
1: you have a jap psp AND force region to ANY other region
2: you have any other region psp and your NOT forcing japan region
this is because the custom icons will crash your japanese psp (or japan forced region psp) because of the extra icons only japanese psp owners get.

D0N
April 16th, 2007, 21:56
BTW, I got icons working on 3.30 OE-A, by using the 3.10 OE-A method and none of my icons feeze or anything. Everything works fine.

Buddy4point0
April 16th, 2007, 22:03
yes it is just about once every 10 times you turn on your psp, if you have a umd in it wil freeze on network.
i didnt realise someone else did this perfectly. cheers for them im goona go dl theres lol

neosayuki
April 16th, 2007, 22:24
My internet and Online Manuals image come up as Big white Blanks when I highlight them. Is it a unsupported file type or did I mess up?

neosayuki
April 16th, 2007, 22:32
Well I guess I can live with that I don't even use my psp's internet any way.

Gene
April 16th, 2007, 23:03
Well I guess I can live with that I don't even use my psp's internet any way.

The resolution of your background images is too high.

try to reduce the sizes of your 1-12.bmp and the icons should work fine.

psphackman
April 18th, 2007, 01:59
does FlashAgent H1 work with 3.30 oe?
cause when i tried the black 32 icons in the first post it says no more room (in flash0) so ya how do you guys get rid of space not needed?

psphackman
April 18th, 2007, 02:08
BTW, I got icons working on 3.30 OE-A, by using the 3.10 OE-A method and none of my icons feeze or anything. Everything works fine.

Could you upload? please:thumbup:
i'm on linux so i can't convert them