PDA

View Full Version : Working with 3.30OE

BaDaPpLe
April 16th, 2007, 05:04
Just wanted to say working the same on 3.30OE as it did on 3.10

deniska
April 16th, 2007, 05:09
googd to know, thanks.
Were you testing the PSP-290 version? If so with which prx files?

sculptor85
April 16th, 2007, 13:20
I've running a TA-082 PSP with 3.30oe-? and I just picked up the PSP-290 last week. I didn't get a chance to play with it until tonight and well... The last few hours have been quite a mess.

I started by simply picking up Devhook to see if I could emulate 2.71 and run the program. No luck as the USB accessory modules just errored out.

Next, I moved on to pick up the "Green Screen" to see what was going on. I again emulated 2.71 and ran the software to no avail. I decided to simply run it regular on the 3.30oe-? interface and I was stuck on the "Loading USB accessory module..."

This led to the following steps over a 4.5 hrs span -

... download both 2.71 and 3.30 official updates and pull the .prx files.

... tested - 2.71 in camprx (original files)
... tested - 2.71 in camprx (from the official update)
... tested - 3.30 in camprx (from the official update)
... tested - 3.30 in camprx with org 2.71 in "kd" folder
... tested - 3.30 in camprx with 3.30 in "kd"
... tested - org 2.71 in camprx with 3.30 in "kd"
... tested - org 2.71 in camprx with "official" 2.71 in "kd"

anytime I attempt to run devHook with 2.71 I error out. So I changed the camprx folder files to the 3.30 .prx files and resulted in the same "Loading USB accessory module" without an error to boot me out.

I am now back at ground zero with DevHook uninstalled and "Green Screen" running without any mapviewer installed as I can't seem to get the GPS to even recognize. I've extracted the .prx files from 2 official 3.30 update files and both gave the same response. I have yet to attempt another 2.71 file, but that would do nothing at this point since i'm running 3.30oe-?

is there any assistance out there? if so, please do feel free to drop me a response -

Thanks

azure406
April 16th, 2007, 16:34
anybody can share xxx.prx files for 3.30 oe? really appreciate it, I don't know how to get them.

deniska
April 16th, 2007, 16:52
I've running a TA-082 PSP with 3.30oe-? and I just picked up the PSP-290 last week. I didn't get a chance to play with it until tonight and well... The last few hours have been quite a mess.

I started by simply picking up Devhook to see if I could emulate 2.71 and run the program. No luck as the USB accessory modules just errored out.

Next, I moved on to pick up the "Green Screen" to see what was going on. I again emulated 2.71 and ran the software to no avail. I decided to simply run it regular on the 3.30oe-? interface and I was stuck on the "Loading USB accessory module..."

This led to the following steps over a 4.5 hrs span -

... download both 2.71 and 3.30 official updates and pull the .prx files.

... tested - 2.71 in camprx (original files)
... tested - 2.71 in camprx (from the official update)
... tested - 3.30 in camprx (from the official update)
... tested - 3.30 in camprx with org 2.71 in "kd" folder
... tested - 3.30 in camprx with 3.30 in "kd"
... tested - org 2.71 in camprx with 3.30 in "kd"
... tested - org 2.71 in camprx with "official" 2.71 in "kd"

anytime I attempt to run devHook with 2.71 I error out. So I changed the camprx folder files to the 3.30 .prx files and resulted in the same "Loading USB accessory module" without an error to boot me out.

I am now back at ground zero with DevHook uninstalled and "Green Screen" running without any mapviewer installed as I can't seem to get the GPS to even recognize. I've extracted the .prx files from 2 official 3.30 update files and both gave the same response. I have yet to attempt another 2.71 file, but that would do nothing at this point since i'm running 3.30oe-?

is there any assistance out there? if so, please do feel free to drop me a response -

Thanks

Have you tried to implement the USBHOSTFS-Fix?
If not look for details in FAQ thread.

BaDaPpLe
April 16th, 2007, 17:21
Sorry for such a vague statement. It was late I was tired :)

Im using gps-slim 236 Newest beta ver of mapthis

Codaz
April 16th, 2007, 23:54
Sculptor, the prx files should be placed in the Mapviewer directory !!
Not in the KD folder on your flash !

sculptor85
April 17th, 2007, 02:20
I've actually tried to run the USBHOSTS-fix using the simple files, but I'm not too clear on what I'm supposed to do with the 043.bin aside from leaving it on the root of my SDcard.

As for putting the files in the mapviewer folder... I don't see any point in fiddling with mapviewer if I can't even get the "Green Screen" working with the GPS unit. I'll look into the USBHOSTS-fix a little more right now and give it another try before I simply return the unit or just put it up on the shelve for a bit before I make another attempt.

Keep in mind Deniska, that this is in NO way a glitch in your system. It's just a USER ISSUE.

So I'd like to thank you for taking the time to look this over.

EDIT: I've just run the USBHOSTFS-fix and it didn't fix the issue. I've also placed the 3.30 prx files in the PSP290TEST folder along with the regular files in the camprx folder on the root directory, I'm going to try it with the 3.30 prx files in the camprx folder along with the 3.30 prx files in the folder with the "boot"

2nd EDIT: It looks like it's a no go with the 3.30 prx files in the folders. I can't get the PSP-290 GPS TEST past the

"- Loading USB Accessory module..."

Thanks for any input in advance.

whilis
April 17th, 2007, 07:22
Hello, I leave to my archives prx of firm 3.30OE-A. They work correctly.

A greeting

JoQ
April 17th, 2007, 14:33
Which is working best, 3.30 prx or the combination 2.71 and 3.03?

sculptor85
April 18th, 2007, 03:22
None of the .prx files are taking... I'm actually testing all of the combinations I can and even with the .prx files that are supplied here, I can't seem to get "Green Screen" running. I'm going to just run a test straight with the mapviewer at version 0.46IS with the GPS-290 support. I'll let you guys know the outcome shortly.

sculptor85
April 18th, 2007, 03:33
I've corrected the issue.

I just dropped into the Config on 3.30oe-a and turned the kernel from 1.50 to 3.30

This corrected the issue and I will not be working on getting this unit up and running.

I'll also be posting a Guide on installing the unit on a 3.30oe-a PSP soon. Stay tuned.

gillberg
April 21st, 2007, 00:13
Better make that 3.40 oe-a too for all the upgraders.

PSP[skitz]
April 21st, 2007, 00:19
well, i'm having a little issue. It's taking me longer to get a lock on now. I use to get an lock-on with 3.03 oe-c in less than a minute. Now i can't even get a lock on and its been half an hour. YOou think i deleted something when i upgraded to 3.30OE?

UPDATE
Okay so i left all MAPTHIS! the whole night next to my window. Trip time was almost 600 minutes and still no lock on. Decided to downgrade back to 3.03oe-c but it next to my window instantly i got 5 sat in view. So I'm not sure if its the firmware or me. Cause i would love to upgrade to 3.30OE again. The POP is more stable in that version.

Nikel
May 13th, 2007, 17:14
I've corrected the issue.

I just dropped into the Config on 3.30oe-a and turned the kernel from 1.50 to 3.30

This corrected the issue and I will not be working on getting this unit up and running.

I'll also be posting a Guide on installing the unit on a 3.30oe-a PSP soon. Stay tuned.
After turning the kernel from 1.50 to 3.30 MapThis run correctly and GPS290 work?

I have similar problem with GPS290.

I was downgraded a TA-082 PSP(1004) to 3.40 OE-A, apply USBHOSTFS-Fix.

When I’m run mapViewer I see message – «Loading usb accessory module... error»
When I’m put PRX files into mapViewer folder (I tried 3.03, 3.40 and files from green progie) I see message – «loading usb accessory module…» on blue screen, and nothing happening.

Same problem was with 3.10 OE-A". :(

When i try to change kernel mode from 1.50 to 3.40 and run Mapthis i see error message - "The game could not be started. (8002014C)"

I'm despairingly. :mad:

Panini
May 15th, 2007, 09:02
After turning the kernel from 1.50 to 3.30 MapThis run correctly and GPS290 work?

I have similar problem with GPS290.

I was downgraded a TA-082 PSP(1004) to 3.40 OE-A, apply USBHOSTFS-Fix.

When I’m run mapViewer I see message – «Loading usb accessory module... error»
When I’m put PRX files into mapViewer folder (I tried 3.03, 3.40 and files from green progie) I see message – «loading usb accessory module…» on blue screen, and nothing happening.

Same problem was with 3.10 OE-A". :(

When i try to change kernel mode from 1.50 to 3.40 and run Mapthis i see error message - "The game could not be started. (8002014C)"

I'm despairingly. :mad:

I get the same error messge of 340oe (using 330 prxs).

The test proggie works but when loading mapthis it craps out each time. :(

Im having a mare trying to sort this out????????

r2000
May 15th, 2007, 09:12
Sorry for such a vague statement. It was late I was tired :)

Im using gps-slim 236 Newest beta ver of mapthis
Really? with 3.30OE and 3.10?

I thought it works only with 1.50?

Burnt Cobba
May 15th, 2007, 10:00
hi all.

am trying to get this working on a 3.40 OE. tried with the prx files of 3.40 with no use to get it working. After trying to load maps the console just switches off. Any suggestion what i might do pls?

thanks