PDA

View Full Version : Wii Nunchuk coming...no not Madcatz or Nintendo

bandit
April 16th, 2007, 19:52
You're hearing it first here at DCEmu Reviews. I have word directly from the makers that a new Wii Nunchuk is being manufactured. This is not coming from Nintendo like the new colors (http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/new-colored-wii-motes-nunchuks-coming--58687.html) that was talked about or the rumored Madcatz Nunchuk or any of the well known manufacturers. This is coming from a up and coming third party accessory manufacturer. It will be available within a month. No price or if there will be different colors.

I will have pictures and any other information once it has been provided and expect a review once I receive it. For now, this is all I have.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/3rd_party_Wii_Nunchuk_coming_soon

Zaitmi
April 16th, 2007, 22:38
I wish there was more info. Can someone state who exactly the third party manufacturers are, or is it supposed to remain anonymous?

Accordion
April 16th, 2007, 23:18
a wireless version would be nice, but other than that i dont see much point...

bmemike
April 16th, 2007, 23:50
The nunchuk passes it's information to the Wiimote and that Wiimote passes all of the info to the Wii in one bundled package. There's currently no real way to get the nunchuk to talk directly to the Wii.

So unless you're hooking a receiving into the bottom of the Wii (a la Wavebird receiver plugging into the Wii/GC), then it won't work.

Besides... I don't want another thing to have to put batteries into.

bandit
April 17th, 2007, 07:13
I wish there was more info. Can someone state who exactly the third party manufacturers are, or is it supposed to remain anonymous?
Anonymous for now. I am the only one that knows of this, hence the news post. I will post more info and detail once it has been given to me. I requested sketches or pre-production images or even a prototype..waiting for it.

bandit
April 17th, 2007, 07:15
a wireless version would be nice, but other than that i dont see much point...

The nunchuk passes it's information to the Wiimote and that Wiimote passes all of the info to the Wii in one bundled package. There's currently no real way to get the nunchuk to talk directly to the Wii.

So unless you're hooking a receiving into the bottom of the Wii (a la Wavebird receiver plugging into the Wii/GC), then it won't work.

Besides... I don't want another thing to have to put batteries into.
They didnt tell me if its wired or wireless but has informed me that they will be ahead of the game from the bigger 3rd parties.