PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM for GameCube/Wii - Boot Preview 2

wraggster
April 16th, 2007, 21:45
Rodolfo Portillo (http://rododev.googlepages.com/home) has released an update to his port of ScummVM for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube:

Apparently this version should fix problems with SD Gecko cards. Check it out below

First heres a screenshot, thanks roman:

http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/scummvm091ngcuf1.jpg

Heres the release notes:

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Copy the files in the archive to a folder named scummvm within your SD Card.
2. Copy any games supported by ScummVM to your SD Card.
3. Insert your SD Card adapter with the prepared SD Card into Slot A of the GameCube.
4. Run scummvm.dol either using SDLoad or any method of your choice.

For those of you who dont know heres what scummvm is:

ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the game, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!

Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

IamAbe
April 18th, 2007, 04:20
does this work with the wiimote? i assume not because i dont think it's possible yet but i hope someone figures out how to do it cuz that would be great to play scummvm games with the wiimote.

mr_nick666
April 18th, 2007, 11:35
No it doesnt... Yet! ;) (hackers unite!)

PeterM
April 18th, 2007, 12:12
I tried it on my Wii via the SD Media Launcher. It starts up and runs games fine, but there's something up with the interlacing when using component video cable.

It looks like it's being displayed in 240p instead of 480p.

dejkirkby
April 18th, 2007, 14:32
Will be trying this!