PDA

View Full Version : 3.30 0E-A XMB Theme

DarthPaul
April 16th, 2007, 22:38
Hello guys, I've been working on this XMB Theme for hours but it's finally finished. This is my first theme for PSP so don't be silly...I hope you enjoy it as much I did doing it. :)

The theme includes a customize wave,topmenuplugin[icons],battery and volume bars,and others things that can be used for the new firmware 3.30 OE-A by Dark_Alex. There's a Readme in the rar file.
I didn't make the icons. Evolve did,so credits go to him.http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-mods-medi...68/page12.html

Edited: I modified the background and now the date/time is 100% viewable when there's a double digit hour displayed.

- darthpaul -

Gizmo356
April 16th, 2007, 22:42
That is sick!

dwyane_wade1989
April 16th, 2007, 22:59
Whoa!!! This Guy Is A Human God!!!!!

Dillvill92
April 17th, 2007, 00:08
dose it freeze?

S34MU5
April 17th, 2007, 00:09
think they all freeze...

erm the gray bit for the time and battery needs to be a wee bit longer.

I might make one one of these days

Mc_Logical
April 17th, 2007, 00:13
so u can still flash icons etc on 3.30 OE A? because i havent gone back to 3.03 OE C yet and i like the old theme and icons i had on 3.03 OE C, ima test it i been busy all day and havent thought about psp lol if u can do icons etc? then surely flashing works, infact i might try yours dude it looks cool nice one

DragonPimpsta
April 17th, 2007, 00:13
it seems like it'd be hard to read titles and stuff with all that white backgorund and white words... :-o

CSPERFECTGT
April 17th, 2007, 00:17
good try darthpaul.the only thing that you should change is the battery color,but this xmb is a good start!can you tell me if you use any program for making
custom xmbs?

BelmontSlayer
April 17th, 2007, 00:20
This is one of the best themes I've ever seen! Excellent work!

Veskgar
April 17th, 2007, 01:48
This does look nice. Even though I don't use custom icons, this seems like good work.

factor remix
April 17th, 2007, 01:50
nice work man, btw my 3.03 OE-C theme will work with 3.30 OE-A?

PLZKLLME0080
April 17th, 2007, 01:57
looks pretty good. i dont think ill use it though. still, great work! :thumbup:

hood392
April 17th, 2007, 02:12
how do i get it to work i am new

DarthPaul
April 17th, 2007, 02:17
how do i get it to work i am new

I put Instructions in the file.

think they all freeze...

This one don't freeze. I don't know how but it's not freezing lol. It's working perfectly.

And I'm glad you like this guys.:o

EvilDooinz
April 17th, 2007, 02:17
wow this is awsome work thanks darth.

DarthPaul
April 17th, 2007, 02:22
wow this is awsome work thanks darth.

Your welcome man.

so u can still flash icons etc on 3.30 OE A? because i havent gone back to 3.03 OE C yet and i like the old theme and icons i had on 3.03 OE C, ima test it i been busy all day and havent thought about psp lol if u can do icons etc? then surely flashing works, infact i might try yours dude it looks cool nice one

Yes. The 3.30 OE is fully customizable. Just like 3.03 OE.

nice work man, btw my 3.03 OE-C theme will work with 3.30 OE-A?

All but the topmenu. You have to change some stuff to make the topmenu work. PM me if you need any help or just send me your XMB and I'll do it.

factor remix
April 17th, 2007, 02:26
grrr... my topmenu_plugin.rco and system_plugin.rco dont work...

hood392
April 17th, 2007, 02:31
i need help i cant do this :(

DarthPaul
April 17th, 2007, 02:34
i need help i cant do this :(

I sent you a Private Message. I'll help you.

Anger
April 17th, 2007, 02:37
im very impressed - you managed to pull of the mac-os theme look very well.
i especially like the date time batt notifaction. i assume its part of the notification area, as opposed to the background?
and i also like the solid volume bar.
if i have to say i dont like one thing its this - the fonts are white too so its kinda hard to read some of the text. i would say the same about all bright themes however but this is still very nice.
it was a great thing to discover all previous customisations still work, and even more so when some genius figured out why the topmenu didnt work in 3.10 3.30. im still lovin the psp despite the developments have slowed a little. i guess sony is beginning to realise we have already won.
roll on the totally from scratch xmb replacement :)

*EDIT* i forgot to add - those who get the psp not to boot on startup after replacing there topmenu - force region to anything but japan from recovery :)

SCSA
April 17th, 2007, 02:54
i did it and it looks awesome
i have a question
when a new update will come out again , is there gona be a problem to update to it with this custom XMB? can it brick my PSP?
or do i need to replace files in FLASH0 folder with the original files before i update?
thanks

DarthPaul
April 17th, 2007, 02:58
i have a question
when a new update will come out again , is there gona be a problem to update to it with this custom XMB? can it brick my PSP?
or do i need to replace files in FLASH0 folder with the original files before i update?
thanks

No. There's no problem if you have this installed when a new firmware comes. The files will be replaced with the new files and the firmware will look normal.

Gene
April 17th, 2007, 03:02
i have a question
thanks

no you don't need to worry about that because every time you upgrade, or downgrade, your flash0 and flash1 get formatted. Well, everything except psp settings, bookmarks, and cookies.

CaptainMorgan4
April 17th, 2007, 03:02
I don't use custom themes on my 3.30 OE-A but this one looks cool, good work.

Buddy4point0
April 17th, 2007, 03:09
this is great that u made it for 3.30

hatebreeder
April 17th, 2007, 03:30
looks nice, but it's unreadable

DarthPaul
April 17th, 2007, 03:32
looks nice, but it's unreadable

That's why I made 2 different background. Use the grey one and you won't have any problem or disable the wave.

The King
April 17th, 2007, 04:07
cool man +rep for u nice work

mfz64
April 17th, 2007, 05:12
Nice

ORGAN
April 17th, 2007, 05:25
cool man nice going take my 3.30 top and chang all you wont on it it's made for the 3.30

DarthPaul
April 17th, 2007, 05:31
cool man nice going take my 3.30 top and chang all you wont on it it's made for the 3.30

Thanks. But I don't get it. You want me to make your topmenu to work on 3.30 or what?

P.D. - Guys if you didn't notice I modified the background a little bit. The piece where the date/time is displayed is a little larger now hehe.

ORGAN
April 17th, 2007, 07:04
Thanks. But I don't get it. You want me to make your topmenu to work on 3.30 or what?

P.D. - Guys if you didn't notice I modified the background a little bit. The piece where the date/time is displayed is a little larger now hehe.

LOL no i made a 3.30 top manu lol just giving it to you.

PSPCulture
April 17th, 2007, 12:15
How about crediting the original author for the icons?

See Evolve's -Orb Release (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-mods-media-18/t-release-32-bit-orbital-xmb-103368.html)

ie :

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8484/screen1ap8.png

Released on the 7th April 2007.

If you're going to rip someone elses work, at least give credit for what you've taken.

Method Man
April 17th, 2007, 12:21
think they all freeze...

i don't know if this does... but i got some (for example ultimate black and ultimate white :cool: ) which doesn't freeze :eek: yeah... they really don't:D

funkysi
April 17th, 2007, 14:22
I gotta bit of a problem.....

When I try and copy the files (explained in the readme file) to flash (usinf boot menu usb to F0 ) it says there is not enough memory.......any suggestions ?

Cheers

Si

Mr. Shizzy
April 17th, 2007, 16:17
Good job DarthPaul.

BUT - PSPCulture is absolutely right. YOU NEED TO CREDIT PEOPLE IF YOU BORROW PARTS OF THEIR THEMES. Imagine how you would feel if you hand made all those icons (probably took hours) and someone used them in their theme. And just said "I made this"

Give credit where credit is do bro. Thats all...

And btw, your theme is sweet. :) Hopefully you will decide to do more.

tgm123
April 17th, 2007, 18:42
if you use outtaspace psp to delete the network update feature your psp wont freeze

evolve
April 17th, 2007, 18:44
This is my work you stole from here: http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-mods-media-18/t-release-32-bit-orbital-xmb-103368/page12.html

give credit. :angry:

evolve
April 17th, 2007, 18:46
YOU STOLE MY WORK FROM HERE: http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-mods-media-18/t-release-32-bit-orbital-xmb-103368/page12.html

GIVE CREDIT TO ME!

Triv1um
April 17th, 2007, 19:49
Darthpaul, you said you spent hours making it =\

Anger
April 17th, 2007, 19:51
umm chill - how about you wait till hes ONLINE.

Triv1um
April 17th, 2007, 19:53
umm chill - how about you wait till hes ONLINE.

Does it matter if he is not online? >=|

He will still see it, you dont only post in a thread if there online you know.

evolve
April 17th, 2007, 20:23
It is not fair. I spend all that time making this XMB and he just steals it. I sent him a PM, I hope he does the right thing and gives me credit. :(

scottyboynow
April 17th, 2007, 20:34
Wicked Sick I Love It!!!

DarthPaul
April 17th, 2007, 20:38
Hey guys...I'm sorry. I gave an explanation to evolve on a private message. At least you all should've wait for an explanation before saying what you did..Sorry again. Well I put his name on the thread and I'll put it on the readme too. So...happy now?

Darthpaul, you said you spent hours making it =\

Trivium..I really spent hours doing this..Like I said this is my first theme. I don't have experience so...

I gotta bit of a problem.....

When I try and copy the files (explained in the readme file) to flash (usinf boot menu usb to F0 ) it says there is not enough memory.......any suggestions ?

Cheers

Si

Use FlashAgent. That's a flash application and it lets you free up to 2.5mb of the FLASH0 space.

evolve
April 17th, 2007, 20:55
Erase the first paragraph of the thread:

"Hello guys, I've been working on this XMB Theme for hours but it's finally finished. This is my first theme for PSP so don't be silly...I hope you enjoy it as much I did doing it. "

and put a link to my original thread... also, the credits should be on the top of the page so people can see I did the work.

Damn, I hate when people steal my icons... and this isn't the first time.

DarthPaul
April 17th, 2007, 20:58
Erase the first paragraph of the thread:

"Hello guys, I've been working on this XMB Theme for hours but it's finally finished. This is my first theme for PSP so don't be silly...I hope you enjoy it as much I did doing it. "

and put a link to my original thread... also, the credits should be on the top of the page so people can see I did the work.

Damn, I hate when people steal my icons... and this isn't the first time.

I won't erase that part because I MADE THE GOD DAMN THEME. Ok? You made the icons,I made the theme. Why can't you just say it to me on a private message? Do you have to post it? Geez..

evolve
April 17th, 2007, 21:24
The why the hell are you saying:

"Hello guys, I've been working on this XMB Theme for hours but it's finally finished."

??????????

So what I suggest you to do is this. Erase all the text clutter and just do this:

Icons: evolve [link to thread]
Battery: darthpaul
Volumebar: darthpaul

and so on..... so it avoids confusion.

DarthPaul
April 17th, 2007, 21:37
The why the hell are you saying:

"Hello guys, I've been working on this XMB Theme for hours but it's finally finished."

??????????

So what I suggest you to do is this. Erase all the text clutter and just do this:

Icons: evolve [link to thread]
Battery: darthpaul
Volumebar: darthpaul

and so on..... so it avoids confusion.

I'm saying that because I was working on tha theme for hours and it's finished....Duhhh!!

Anyways let's stop this,ths is childy. Your name is there,your link is there,your name is on the readme that's in the rar file,and you keep this? What else do you want? You want me to put your name and say: "evolve made the full theme,all credits go to him" ? I don't care about any credit,is that what you want? All the credits? Well keep them because I don't care.
At least can't you see that people are enjoying and people liked it? No matter who made the icons,no matter who made the theme,the people is happy for it. Or don't tell me that my theme is better than yours and you're jealous...I just wanted to share my theme because I thought it was cool. But if this s#1t keeps happening I'll have to keep the stuff for myself. Peace.

- darthpaul -

Anger
April 17th, 2007, 23:30
when people take time of there life to benefit others and all they ask is proper credit then you should have done that. you may have spent hours changing the stuff to suit yourself and indeed some of it may be yours but you still should have credited evolve properly.
his response while a little childish was completely understandable:
say someone breaks into your house/garage and steals your custom cruiser then slaps a sign on it saying made by <insert theifs name here> you would go mad as well - this is no different, he spent some of his time getting these to how he wants them to look then you basically steal them and claim its all your work. you may have had the best intention and perhaps you didnt word it correctly thereby making it look like your work, but you should be more carefull if that is the case.
true you didnt have to release the stuff at all but honestly, in future if you do release something give credit to the original creator and lay out what parts you actually did and this will be avoided in the future, then you will get credit yourself for the work YOU did.

evolve
April 18th, 2007, 00:34
when people take time of there life to benefit others and all they ask is proper credit then you should have done that. you may have spent hours changing the stuff to suit yourself and indeed some of it may be yours but you still should have credited evolve properly.
his response while a little childish was completely understandable:
say someone breaks into your house/garage and steals your custom cruiser then slaps a sign on it saying made by <insert theifs name here> you would go mad as well - this is no different, he spent some of his time getting these to how he wants them to look then you basically steal them and claim its all your work. you may have had the best intention and perhaps you didnt word it correctly thereby making it look like your work, but you should be more carefull if that is the case.
true you didnt have to release the stuff at all but honestly, in future if you do release something give credit to the original creator and lay out what parts you actually did and this will be avoided in the future, then you will get credit yourself for the work YOU did.

Very well said mate. Thank you. :)

The way he didn't give proper credits on release, and making it seem like it was his work before he got caught, in my opinion, is very low. If someone made something they should be properly credited.

This is a very low, childish, and immature thing to do. It really does make me mad. So I hope you learned a valuable lesson darthpaul. :rolleyes:

rockiecxh
April 18th, 2007, 03:39
Nice work!

zoson
April 18th, 2007, 13:57
evolve, nice icons.
darthpaul, I can't seem to get the new rco editor to work right? How did you get this theme running properly? Is there any way I can set my psp back to default region?(jspec psp)

dwyane_wade1989
April 18th, 2007, 18:29
Evolve can suck my cock what he did was shit you're jus ****ing jealous you motherfuker im gonna hack your computer. Why do you want credit for that piece of shit you really suck man you're just jealous darthpaul is getting the credit you didnt have go suck someone else's cock,darthpaul you'ret he man and your theme rock,nice job over there,besides evolve's theme...what the hell was that? Is that even a theme? evolve ****yourself and leave darthpaul..the human god alone.

shahrjerdi_ali
April 18th, 2007, 18:57
cool

evolve
April 18th, 2007, 22:16
Evolve can suck my cock what he did was shit you're jus ****ing jealous you motherfuker im gonna hack your computer. Why do you want credit for that piece of shit you really suck man you're just jealous darthpaul is getting the credit you didnt have go suck someone else's cock,darthpaul you'ret he man and your theme rock,nice job over there,besides evolve's theme...what the hell was that? Is that even a theme? evolve ****yourself and leave darthpaul..the human god alone.

Learn to spell bitch.
My work = my icons. You can go die in a hole. I hope you and all your family members die in a tragic death.

DarthPaul
April 18th, 2007, 22:23
OMFG!! O.O That guy's crazy. Thanks dwayne but you overpass the limits.. =/ Peace,love and long life to you and all your family members dwayne. :)

Gzpimpin
April 18th, 2007, 22:35
yo whats good room, i found this site by googling a way to upgrade my firmware on my psp. My question is, can anyone here give me a step by step way to upgrade my factory 2.5 to 3.10 OE-A. ive downloaded the 3.10 OE-A files and the 3.10 OE-A2 update from Dark alex. The problem is i dont have a clue where to start. Im sure all of you do thats why im askin for your help. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

DarthPaul
April 19th, 2007, 00:09
yo whats good room, i found this site by googling a way to upgrade my firmware on my psp. My question is, can anyone here give me a step by step way to upgrade my factory 2.5 to 3.10 OE-A. ive downloaded the 3.10 OE-A files and the 3.10 OE-A2 update from Dark alex. The problem is i dont have a clue where to start. Im sure all of you do thats why im askin for your help. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hey dude I'll help you. I sent you a private message. You can check your private messages on the upper right corner of this site. So..I'll help you through PM because we'll go out of the topic and it's against the rules. =)

- darthpaul -

dwyane_wade1989
April 19th, 2007, 04:13
First of all it's Dwyane not Dwayne...second of all evolve likes to ride on my cock, third of all evolve sucks, fourth of all make sure you have good security on your computer because im gonna **** it, fifth of all, the theme you did, if it can be called theme, i can go to paint in my computer and with the airbrush do something better, sixth of all evolve sucks, seventh of all, it's obvious that you are only envious you are not as succesful as darthpaul, and last, but not least, darthpaul is a Human God

rockiecxh
April 19th, 2007, 04:21
Be cool, everybody!Calm down and get to the earth.

Hobobo
April 19th, 2007, 05:09
Good theme Darth

Great icons evolve :)

prick
April 19th, 2007, 07:30
darth and evolve, great theme! using it on my 3.30 now (although i cant get the background working) but its no big deal, the one of Jessica Alba all nakie wrapped up in a white sheet is more then a fitting background for the perfect theme icons and theme.

well done fellas!

funkysi
April 19th, 2007, 11:37
Thanks for the help, Flash Agent did the job.

Thanks to all who contributed to the theme

;-)

Si

Nightwalker13
April 19th, 2007, 14:39
Just found on evolves release thread for the icons this quote-

"Originally Posted by innercy
^fyi the icons taken from deviantart. both ppl should credit to original creator...
i don't see any credit in 1st page -_-"

So, the question is, if everyones being pedantic about giving credit to the original creators, where is credit given to the devs who cracked the firmware, ie darkalex and all those in the community that have given you the original files, ie the decrypters, topmenuplugin for 3.30, the rco editors etc. There are a lot of people involved in the making of this theme, the point is it has been redone in a different way to suite peoples tastes, yes he should have given credit in the first place. But as he said, its his first them, so you should be glad he chose your icons, isnt that the point of creating stuff for the homebrew community? to share it and give everyone else the enjoyment you got? Or maybe im way off the mark........ food for thought.

DarthPaul
April 19th, 2007, 21:26
Just found on evolves release thread for the icons this quote-

"Originally Posted by innercy
^fyi the icons taken from deviantart. both ppl should credit to original creator...
i don't see any credit in 1st page -_-"

So, the question is, if everyones being pedantic about giving credit to the original creators, where is credit given to the devs who cracked the firmware, ie darkalex and all those in the community that have given you the original files, ie the decrypters, topmenuplugin for 3.30, the rco editors etc. There are a lot of people involved in the making of this theme, the point is it has been redone in a different way to suite peoples tastes, yes he should have given credit in the first place. But as he said, its his first them, so you should be glad he chose your icons, isnt that the point of creating stuff for the homebrew community? to share it and give everyone else the enjoyment you got? Or maybe im way off the mark........ food for thought.

That's how a man talks. =) And wait..evolve didn't create the icons after all...? Woah such a froob.

darth and evolve, great theme! using it on my 3.30 now (although i cant get the background working) but its no big deal, the one of Jessica Alba all nakie wrapped up in a white sheet is more then a fitting background for the perfect theme icons and theme.

well done fellas!

Thanks. And if the background isn't working maybe you need more free space on your flash0. Or go and check on Settings->Theme Settings-> and choose the first month's color.

Thanks for the help, Flash Agent did the job.

Thanks to all who contributed to the theme

;-)

Si

I'm glad I could help you. Enjoy.

PD: I've been thinking...Should I make a new theme? One more...me. I don't know. I don't want to spend some more hours making it and then have another bad experience..At least most people like it. So what do you guys think? Should I make another one?

dwyane_wade1989
April 19th, 2007, 21:35
Nightwalker13 +Rep 4 U!!!!! Are you relationated in anyway with Einstein's family? That is a wise man's word, you are really intelligent you rock man you rule you are the second best in the world, I would have been proud if someone would have chosen my icons...see, la envidia mata, so by the way evolve you are a... oh well too many infractions, you know pretty well what you are :) darthpaul is The Human God

Krypton5
October 17th, 2008, 19:04
i dont know how to use it please answer me at [email protected]