PDA

View Full Version : PSPComic v0.9 Beta

Chameleon
April 17th, 2007, 10:26
Archaemic posted this release:

Finally! Someone got around to programming a comic book reader for the PSP that reads cbzs and cbrs directly from the memory stick. It's a little slow, as would be expected from a program that resizes such large images on such a slow processor, but fortunately, you can overclock to 333MHz from the program itself. It's got all the good features, such as zooming, two different resample algorithms (one faster but harder to read, one slower but easier to read), rotation, and the like.

Source code is included. It is (mostly) GPL. This software is written by me, and Kip helped with the graphics and ideas.

If you encounter a bug, please send a full bug report to the email address listed in the readme or post it here. More details are inside the readme. This program is still in beta, so it might be buggy.

Put comics in MS_ROOT/comics. I hope you know how to install the program yourself. If not, read the readme. You'll need it.

The controls should be rather intuitive. If not, read the readme for more details on the controls.

Feel free to email me or post feature requests!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via Archaemic (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1512423&postcount=1)

Chameleon
April 17th, 2007, 10:29
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1589/backgroundyu3.png

kharaboudjan
April 17th, 2007, 16:26
Fantastic!! i have been waiting for something like this. Many thanx =))

(hope it will work great)

ab_geee_eee
April 17th, 2007, 19:42
If this doesnt work use PePViewer. I use that. I dont feel like switching. But anyways great work. Keep it up ;)

Buddy4point0
April 17th, 2007, 19:55
thanks this is great and has a bunch of features

April 17th, 2007, 20:02
sounds ace, if my pc was working i would install it, can it be installed from a mac?

is it just a matter of transferring the files to the correct folder?
i am running 3.03OEc

orhon
April 17th, 2007, 20:54
yes it can if there is something that opens rar archives

kyus
April 18th, 2007, 03:12
To the guy who's still on PePviewer... Seriously... switch your ass to this.

It annoyed me that I had to open up CBR and CBZ before. This program actually has it all sorted. Speed is surprisingly good too for a first release.

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT RELEASE.

Balthasar00
April 18th, 2007, 04:05
Great! now I can finish the old gunnm serie confortable in my sofa!ç

thx!

robocelot
April 18th, 2007, 20:26
Wow, you nailed it pretty much with this release!

About the only feature I would want is a way to reprogram the buttons -- It's nice to be able to to rotate the image for portrait mode but using the standard buttons can get a little cramped. Also keeping the same zoom/rotation settings when going to a new page would be useful.

I didn't see much difference between the two resample algorithms but I only used one comic so the results may depend on the source material.

aznTerz
April 29th, 2007, 12:35
heyz.... i cant get this to work properly....
ive been using this version... i kno the newer version has come out but it keeps crashin....
i cant get this application to find the comic files....
any help plz?

April 30th, 2007, 16:36
heyz.... i cant get this to work properly....
ive been using this version... i kno the newer version has come out but it keeps crashin....
i cant get this application to find the comic files....
any help plz?

i had this trouble but i had them in the wrong directory.

you need to have the folder names comics in the root of the PSP memory stick.....not inside any other folders (i put my 'comics' folder into the PSP folder along with my photos and music folders, DUH!)

also make sure your .cbr/.cbz files are not inside any folders themselves.

hope this helps.

April 30th, 2007, 16:55
Ok i have been using this program for a few days now and i am mighily impressed!

it has revolutionised the way i read my digital comics.....i used to use my psp for the before but i had to use PSPhoto to convert them and then use the PSP's own photo viewer, this worked pretty well....the only stumbling blocks were that psphot couldn't recognise double page spreads...you have to have a look through the images and see if there were any double-page spreads and then convert these seperately....then when you added these to the photo folder the psp would organize them by date modified and so all the double pages would be put at the end of the comic!!!
you had to use psp manager to sort out the order before you imported them.

now wth pspcomic i can just drag and drop em in and they are ready for me to read, simply brilliant.

now to requests..... :)

1. the controls are great....but i would love to have a default zoom setting.
i use zoom x1 (1 triangle button press), it would be great to have this as my default starting zoom.

2. i would love the option to delete a comic from the memory stick, from within the program.
this way i could synch what i have read and what i haven't better. is this even possible?

3. when you change the resize method could you possibly show or have an overlay of what you are currently using/changing to?

4. maybe a confirm option when you go to quit? i have accidentally pressed the triangle button and quit back to the crossbar a few times.

now bugs/querys....

1. i can't see a difference between the 2 resize methods, neither in speed or quality if the were named it would be much easier.

2. today for the first time i had an error come up when i clicked the right shoulder for next page....something like SDL memory error.

i have not tried this comic at home so it might be the actual .cbr file that is at fault, will check later.

well thats it so far :)

seriously tho i hate to complain when i have had so much fun and enjoyment out of your great FREE program.

Thank You and keep up the great work.

KYUSS

May 20th, 2007, 20:45
has this been abandonned?

June 5th, 2007, 23:07
i guess not!
it seems this program has had a few updates since it was posted here.

burrito
June 5th, 2007, 23:09
Why did you post 4 times in a row?
Who uses their email address as their username?...

June 6th, 2007, 23:42
Why did you post 4 times in a row?

err me?

Who uses their email address as their username?...

err me?

Q. Why did you even post at all?

I had news.

DioElaclair
March 7th, 2009, 21:47
Hi. I'm having a problem getting this to work. I'm running 5.00 m33-6 but i changed the kernel to 1.50. i installed it the way it said it should be installed. tried once in the GAME folder then once in the GAME150 folder. I can try to start the app, but when it tries it says it cannot. Also, some of the data comes up corrupted on the memory stick so im thinking that must have something to do with it.

I downloaded it again to see if it somehow messed up during downloading but no dice. I just dont know what to do anymore. if anyone could shine some light on this for me it would be much appreciated.

zomgwtfbbqlol
June 10th, 2009, 15:22
Err.. this might sound stupid but I can't find the comics folder. I've downloaded this from two different sources and still, there's no folder named comics anywhere. Where can I find it? Thanks. Please be gentle to a noob please. D: