PDA

View Full Version : Official UK PSM Offers Blu-Ray Discs

rmedtx
April 17th, 2007, 15:22
Guys,

I found this article By Tom Ivan:

The UK Official PlayStation Magazine is set to offer Blu-ray discs with issues of the publication from June onwards.

The discs will feature playable demos of Sony and third party titles, as well as a host of high definition multimedia content.

Ray Maguire, managing director of Sony Computer Entertainment UK said, "We are very excited to partner with Future to offer a playable Blu-ray disc to UK PlayStation 3 owners. The high capacity of Blu-ray media is the perfect method to distribute large volumes of unique existing, and user-generated content in HD, showcasing PS3's multimedia capabilities to the full.”

Publisher of Official PlayStation Magazine Matt Pierce added, "We are delighted that Offical PlayStation Magazine will deliver to its readers a monthly playable disc, and the world's first covermounted Blu-ray disc."

The Official PlayStation Magazine UK and Next-Gen are Future publications

Here is the original link:
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5186&Itemid=2

Tree
April 17th, 2007, 19:31
something eles basilcy the same as been posted a while ago :(

lmtlmt
April 18th, 2007, 06:41
we are getting disks in the aussie one aswell you know.

F9zDark
April 18th, 2007, 07:49
I wonder if gaming mags in the US will carry blu-rays. Since I am uncertain if there is even a US Playstation magazine anymore...

That'd be pretty cool, have some demos from the PSN Store on a blu-ray, at least then it wont have to take up space when I want to demo some Motorstorm or AC4 (or is it 5?)

Then again, demo discs are quickly relegated to silicon coasters in my house. Eh still serve a purpose though :rofl:

lmtlmt
April 18th, 2007, 11:23
i use my old ones as frizbees :D

Triv1um
April 18th, 2007, 16:34
Will they be any more expencive?

Tree
April 18th, 2007, 16:59
Will they be any more expencive?

most probley a £1 or £2 because there dearer 2 make i think ... but think about all the games on it :o