PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Announces Jam Sessions Guitar Title For Nintendo Ds

wraggster
April 17th, 2007, 16:38
press release:

Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that Jam Sessions™ – a groundbreaking music title exclusively for the Nintendo DS™ system in which players actually strum a guitar via the Touch Screen to make music – will launch in EMEA territories this summer.

“Jam Sessions is an amazing title with limitless potential to entertain and engage a wide audience of people who love music, guitar and singing,” said John Parks, EMEA Marketing Director. “Basically, it’s a guitar in your pocket but that’s just the beginning. It’s a chance for people who have never thought of themselves as ‘musically inclined’ to jump right in and play through entire songs, compose their own music and sing along with friends.”

Players will rock out, or smoothly strum, on the lower screen of the Nintendo DS system, producing an authentic sound digitally remastered from an actual acoustic guitar. The simple interface will guide players into the various easy-to-play modes which include: Performance Mode, allowing users to sing and play along both yesterday and today’s hottest artists; Free-Play Mode, where people can play anything they chose; and Tutorial Mode where novice musicians will learn to play guitar without paying for lessons.

One of the most compelling features is the ability to record what you play and play it back, therefore making Jam Sessions virtual notepad for players to write, play and save their original music anytime, anywhere. The portability of the DS system makes Jam Sessions a complete concert-on-the-go entertainment system, perfect for parties and other social gatherings – simply hook up some external speakers via the headphone jack and you’re a rock star!

For more information about Ubisoft, please visit www.ubi.com.

Tripsk8er333
April 17th, 2007, 18:43
Hey, This Sounds alot like Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06. It sounds cool. I hope this game will let you play single notes rather than Cords(Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06) and I wish that it would have an electric Guitar. It would be even cooler if they had both. I am glad to see developers expanding the uses for the DS. :thumbup:

(I wish They would make a Guitar Hero for the DS, that allows you to download new songs from the internet and Play together Via WI-FI or DS Download(Lead Guitar and Bass). I think this would be the coolest thing ever.:thumbup:

Yobumtin
April 17th, 2007, 18:48
It sounds fun but it will be nothing like a guitar in your pocket. I bet one can master it after a few hours of playing. But I think it would be a little limited since there's no way to choose 144 frets or even 12 notes. They could work around this but it wouldn't be as fun IMO.

LazerTag
April 17th, 2007, 21:05
Seemed to me form the videos I saw, and I assume it was Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06, that the buttons are each assigned a chord based on the song selected (or personal selection I guess). Considering most songs don't use a ton of chords it seems this is how they get around it.

Personally I think saying a guitar in your pocket is simply stupid. Nothing will beat the real deal. However, from a gaming standpoint, I bet it would be a blast to play. Time will tell.

x999x
April 17th, 2007, 23:00
It sounds fun but it will be nothing like a guitar in your pocket. I bet one can master it after a few hours of playing. But I think it would be a little limited since there's no way to choose 144 frets or even 12 notes. They could work around this but it wouldn't be as fun IMO.

You really need to play this game to fully understand what's possible, or better yet, read a review. Your points are all moot in that respect, as the people who created this game are musicians themselves, so they've got you covered.

Then there's what you can do if you hook it up to an effects pedal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XFNTQuN_ww

Master in an hour? :rofl:

Buddy4point0
April 17th, 2007, 23:27
sounds cool. thanks for the info

Yobumtin
April 19th, 2007, 19:53
You really need to play this game to fully understand what's possible, or better yet, read a review. Your points are all moot in that respect, as the people who created this game are musicians themselves, so they've got you covered.

Then there's what you can do if you hook it up to an effects pedal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XFNTQuN_ww

Master in an hour? :rofl:

Actually all my points are valid. And I just finished reading two reviews that were rated pretty low. Apparently you map chords to the buttons of the DS. You can switch to different groups of chords with the L and R buttons. The game is still very limited and pretty pointless.
Here's a *ahem* wonderful example of songs that can be made with this application.
Click (http://www.americanelf.com/aelf/mp3.php)

As a musician myself I think that it is much more impressive to be able to play the guitar rather then to play a few chords with a stylus. With a real guitar you can master techniques like bends, slides, sweeps, tapping, pinch harmonics, hammer ons, pull offs, alternate picking, tremolo, and quite a few others. In this you can master stylus strumming and button changing.

It absolutely nothing like a guitar and I don't care if you can hook it up to a pedal. You can hook any electronic audio device up to a pedal and manipulate the sound of it.

Now you can stop challenging my opinion. You could have posted saying the application was great of calling my points "moot" and saying that my opinion is wrong. I wouldn't have looked at it and said something like "His opinion differs from mine. I shall go argue and waste time."

And your video shows a guy strumming the DS with a few effects from the pedal. It looks far from difficult.

manniexD
September 6th, 2008, 17:16
i bought it and i can't work with it xD
but its pretty fun

Shrygue
September 6th, 2008, 21:07
Please read the rules next time and do not bump old topic such as this one.

Thread closed