PDA

View Full Version : Silly GPL Vigilantes

curt_grymala
May 17th, 2005, 14:45
I thought some of the devvers here would get a kick out of this topic (http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1116205898). It just goes to show you that the DC community is not the only community that has to deal with trolls b.s.'ing that they seem to know more about licensing than the devvers.

The worst part - the guy is all upset about supposed violations of the GPL, but the devvers aren't even using the GPL.

rmedtx
May 17th, 2005, 14:57
curt_grymala,
I guess some people really need attention and they will do what ever it takes to get it.
Like some guy that was annoying everybody at the Senile Team's site by being a jerk.

Mental2k
May 19th, 2005, 22:36
What a sad wanker, who has enough time on their hands to sit and read through that stuff, that doesnt get paid good money, and hasnt got a law degree. so many people so much good stuff and release it for free and then some asshole has to come and complain about it. So they get the backs up of those kind souls doin it, and who loses out, us the user. It's the same as in schools now, teachers wont take pupils on trips any more cause they're afraid if some sod trips and falls they'll get sued. So they dont do it!

Assholes like that should be shot, they're worse than gits sellin homebrew on ebay.

WHurricane16
May 25th, 2005, 09:40
Dude is working with a BYU law degree, he can't help it.

Back Yard University put out more sad wankers every year...he should be disbarred!

curt_grymala
May 25th, 2005, 11:41
Dude is working with a BYU law degree, he can't help it.

Back Yard University put out more sad wankers every year...he should be disbarred!

Heh. At first, I thought you meant Brigham Young, and I was wondering how the hell you would know that he had a law degree, or where he went to school.

I really should read the whole post before forming thoughts like that. ROFL.