PDA

View Full Version : Suydam Touches the Dead

wraggster
April 18th, 2007, 02:29
via ign (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/781/781270p1.html)

Arthur Suydam isn't a name familiar to most gamers. But comic-book fans know Suydam for his recent work on Marvel Zombies. Suydam's twisted undead versions of classic Marvel covers became a huge hit over the past year. Now the talented painter is taking aim at the world of videogames. Suydam has created the cover to Secret Stash Games' newest DS title, Touch of the Dead.

"Arthur has inspired zombie lovers around the world -- his stylized work captures the true essence of the zombie and who they were before they became the undead," said Kevin Gill, Senior Marketing Manager for Eidos North America. "We couldn't be more excited to have such a renowned artist contributing to Touch the Dead. For the first time, a game's box art will be as collectable and exciting as the game itself."

"Art that truly captures the spirit of its subject is my passion and Eidos presented me with a great opportunity to create art for a whole new audience," said Suydam. "It is immensely exciting to find a way to bring art and technology together and to be a part of that. Touch the Dead is the perfect game for me -- zombies are what I do best!"

Touch the Dead arrives in stores later this spring.