PDA

View Full Version : Hardball

wraggster
April 19th, 2007, 02:48
3D_geek posted this news/release:

I'd appreciate any constructive comments you guys might have.

I'm starting a new job as a professional games programmer with Midway at the end of the month - and beyond that point, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to be doing much OpenSource games work - so I hope to get Hardball finished and OpenSource it sometime in the next 10 days. It's all a bit of a rush - but it's getting there!

Anyway - all that's left is sound effects/music - plus some special case collision detection (so you can actually score goals by shooting the ball into the 'crane buckets' and so the AI code knows where to aim for when it scores goals). There are also some final bits like scoring and some icons on the bottom screen to show who has the ball at the moment - plus 'game over' and restart code. (I've temporarily rigged the 'X' button to score a goal whenever you push it so I can test my 2D stuff - that'll get fixed in the next version). Right now you can play all four characters so I can check out the animation but eventually (of course) you'll only be able to play as one of the two guys on your team.

I hope to have time to try some multiplayer stuff with WiFi networking - but it's looking a bit tight on time - so maybe not.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
April 19th, 2007, 04:11
downloading now. this sounds cool.

Category
April 20th, 2007, 03:28
Dude, that is possibly the best original 3D game I've seen on the DS scene so far!

Definatly worth turning into an actual game, as apposed to a tech demo. A very awesome tech demo, but a scoring system would be awesome.

Deburner
April 20th, 2007, 11:06
can't wait

nice demo
lots of characters and grapics to rival the ones seen in metroid primer hunters

souLLy
April 20th, 2007, 11:25
That looks really nice, congratulations of the job at midway but how can you give us something that looks so nice and then leave us ;)