PDA

View Full Version : First Dual UMD Game Announced

wraggster
April 19th, 2007, 03:16
via ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/781/781478p1.html)

It's hard to believe, but someone has finally found a way to fill a UMD disc with game content. Falcom's latest Legend of Heroes game, Eiyuu Densetsu Sora no Kiseki SC as it's known in Japan, will be the first game to use two UMDs, the company revealed today.

Set for Japanese PSP release on 9/27, Sora no Kiseki is the sequel to Eiyuu Densetsu Sora no Kiseki FC, both originally PC RPGs. FC stands for First Chapter. We'll let you figure out what SC stands for. FC was released for the Japanese PSP back in September but has yet to make its way to international audiences.

JKKDARK
April 19th, 2007, 03:34
wow 2 umd's, that would be the same as the other old consoles

Buddy4point0
April 19th, 2007, 03:47
wow thats a crazy amount of data. cool through

Basil Zero
April 19th, 2007, 03:49
wow 2 umd's, that would be the same as the other old consoles

how?

PSP isnt a console, nor how is it the same as old consoles, when old consoles did not have UMD:rofl:

The King
April 19th, 2007, 03:51
wow theres a first for everything

Basil Zero
April 19th, 2007, 05:02
wouldnt it be considered as a Double game pack similar to a GBA game pack?

Gene
April 19th, 2007, 05:12
I, for one think this is a huge step in psp history, and proves that psp games can be much more than what most people believe them to be.

emuking
April 19th, 2007, 06:55
no it just means its a big game

spinal_cord
April 19th, 2007, 08:34
I, for one think this is a huge step in psp history, and proves that psp games can be much more than what most people believe them to be.

It means the game is huge, you are implying that thei game will be tonnes better just because of this, it is probably bloated with fmv.

Briggzy11
April 19th, 2007, 12:46
Well the bigger the game the better right :)

UMD's hold alot of data really and to have 2 on the go must make a certain game such as a RPG huge so great to hear about this, maybe soon new MGS games and such will use this dual disc option as well, Metal Gear Solid 1 used 2 discs and it was one of the most successful games in history due to size and story.

JKKDARK
April 19th, 2007, 13:42
how?

PSP isnt a console, nor how is it the same as old consoles, when old consoles did not have UMD:rofl:

2 discs ;)

buildit92
April 19th, 2007, 14:29
i would love a longer psp game, i just dont want to pay alot more for it. but it depends of the game. if they chharged $60 for a MGS game i might buy it for the psp if it has 2 or more UMDS. but iff this is succesfull and the same price or close to the same price as normal UMDS, this could be the beging of dual UMDS for games.

devdj
April 19th, 2007, 15:21
sony should have just designed a ****ing triple or quad layer umd medium instead of using two or more umds for one ****ing game disk swaping sucks ass.

Basil Zero
April 19th, 2007, 15:47
2 discs ;)

ah, but still i hope it will be one umd with twice as much size.

Accordion
April 19th, 2007, 15:53
took long enough [not counting movies of course]

mnky
April 19th, 2007, 16:58
@JKKDARK

Plenty of consolshave had dual dic games, i know quite a few ps2 games that did too.

xeonz
April 19th, 2007, 18:29
should just make the umd dual sided, so you just turn the umd around and put it back in.