PDA

View Full Version : Metareview: Valhalla Knights

wraggster
April 19th, 2007, 03:26
Valhalla Knights looked so promising when it was first previewed so many months ago. Looks like it'll join the ever-growing collection of RPG failures on our system. The critics, for the most part, have bashed XSEED's latest, telling you to stay far, far away from it:

1UP (35/100) likens the experience to torture: "I can't remember the last time I felt so constricted as a gamer. Sure, running around the dungeons and slashing through enemies is enjoyable enough -- and, dare I say it, even fun at times. But as soon as you attempt to play through Valhalla Knights like its an actual game, it completely falls apart. The viselike grip Valhalla Knights holds."
G4 (40/100) thinks the game is too old-school for its own good: "This is not a game for the impatient, especially since there's no in-game help system. When it comes to combat tactics or building a party, you have to learn by doing (and probably dying)."
IGN (53/100) wanted to like the game, but couldn't: "Valhalla Knights succeeded at impressing me with fun, real-time combat, completely pissing me off with drawn-out quests and eventually driving me away due to the complete lack of anything resembling story progression."
Ouch! Those are some of the harshest reviews we've read in quite some time. Valhalla Knights is now available in stores ... if you dare pick it up

via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/04/18/metareview-valhalla-knights/)

The King
April 19th, 2007, 03:33
dosent sound like a good game from wat they have said wen i pick a copy if i dare to i would place my own critic

Basil Zero
April 19th, 2007, 03:46
I rather judge games myself rather than reading what other people think about.

Alot of people didnt like Star Ocean, gamespot and IGN gave it lower scores than it should recieve.

I gave it a high score, in other words, it depends on one's taste rather than a "community's".

Buddy4point0
April 19th, 2007, 03:48
from the reviews it looks like this game sucked

Veskgar
April 19th, 2007, 03:55
I will still want this game as it got at least an above average score and I generally like RPG's the best. I am very saddened that this is another less than stellar RPG though.

The PSP could be capable of incredible RPG's and I wish developers would focus time and money into creating a "killer app" RPG for the PSP. Something to make DS Lite fanboys want a PSP also.

I may give this game a try but honestly, I think I'm more excited about the new Final Fantasy Anniversary release.

g00gy
April 19th, 2007, 09:23
Ive tried valhalla knights. I actually really liked it. If ou like monster hunter youl like this.

kaffie
April 19th, 2007, 10:31
I am trying to like this game but finding it hard.
The camera is driving me nuts more than anything else.
Its hard and yes you WILL die. Go buy a Priest to join you quickly as levelling is slow, items are expensive and you get slapped VERY hard by monsters.
On the good, I like the beastiary. There are so many armor slots etc. that it makes me feel there will be a lot of items to play with. I also like the "directionless" feel of it although loads of people will hate that bit. It looks good too.