PDA

View Full Version : [PS3]PS3 Update 1.70?

F9zDark
April 19th, 2007, 03:57
From http://www.us.playstation.com forums:

Direct US Download - 1.70

The PLAYSTATION®3 System Software version 1.70 update includes the following:

* You can now download PlayStation® format software from PLAYSTATION®Store, and play it on the PS3™ system.
* You can now use saved data for PlayStation® format software on the PSP™ system.
* You can now use the vibration function of accessories that are for use with PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format software.

Wow, playing downloaded PSOne games on the PS3? I wonder if we can play PS1 games that we ripped to our PSPs on the PS3 now? I will be sure to give it a shot when I upgrade.

However, my PS3 did not report an update being available; I will check the System Update when I get the chance.

The King
April 19th, 2007, 04:00
wow there also making updates for the ps3 wow

Psumoni
April 19th, 2007, 17:13
There's also the 3.40 for the PSP, I updated my PS3, but don't see anything at first glance besides the PSone games working on it.

The PSP of course, remains at DaX 3.03

Triv1um
April 19th, 2007, 17:16
Indeed i have updated.

I haven't yet tried playing my ripped PSX games on it, it wouldnt know how to be honest.

F9zDark
April 19th, 2007, 17:47
Indeed i have updated.

I haven't yet tried playing my ripped PSX games on it, it wouldnt know how to be honest.

As of yet there is no way to transfer games from the memory stick to the PS3 game's folder. I suppose this was Sony's way of blocking homebrew (works rather well, since we'd need to decipher the PS3's HDD partition before being able to put games on there, let alone another exploit to run them...)

I hope that HanSooloo will figure out how the HDD is ciphered then we can see if our ripped games will work on it. But even then we'd need 2.5 SATA drive to IDE/USB converters...

mike03$$$
April 19th, 2007, 19:26
O I'm in school on my sidekick and this is okay news I will upgrade bieng that I have to use playstation network to chat and go online I hope that ps1 ripped games work

p1o1b
April 19th, 2007, 21:30
sorry if i'm breaking any rules here have registered simply to say that the new 1.7 update for ps3 seems to have left suikoden V (ps2) unplayable despite it working great on 1.6 has this happened with any other titles as i have not many to test. However this has fixed devil may cry 3 special edition.

p.s despite never registering before now i'm a regular to this site for info and i think what you guys do here is great

F9zDark
April 19th, 2007, 23:16
I read that the European 1.7 update added more backwards compatibility. If you own a European PS3 then perhaps thats what happened.

If you own a US or JP PS3 then I have no idea; I tend not to play those puzzle games.

nino
April 20th, 2007, 12:07
With the new upgrades 3.4 and 1.7 you'll not be able to play ripped PSOne games, just the downloaded games from the Official PlayStation store :(

jonezybaby
April 20th, 2007, 13:02
Gran Turismo 4 is now compatable :D good thing cus im bored of GTHD with only 1 course :S