PDA

View Full Version : Coarse maps

snk007
April 19th, 2007, 11:15
Hi,

my search in this forum did not came up with something useful, but I would wonder if I would be the first to ask this...
Is it somehow possible to disable the 1x map download to enable the use of large-area (whole countries) maps? The 2x or 4x Zoom is often more than enough (at least for me...).

Plus a little nice suggestion for the future:
Remove the initial map selection, choose available maps from the current position automatically, if a position overlaps with more than one map the user should be able to switch through available maps for this region by a press on a single button. Its just a bit more user-friendly.

Cheers!

deniska
April 19th, 2007, 15:22
You can select any zoom range while generating maps (I believe I provide a world map @`30MB with one of the versions as an example)

Relying on GPS signal to load the maps automatically is not such great idea.. because:
- not all people use it with gps devices
- gps warmup may take a few minutes - a user may use this time browsing through the map, preparing for the trip...

cydus21
April 19th, 2007, 16:04
You can select any zoom range while generating maps (I believe I provide a world map @`30MB with one of the versions as an example)

the 1X zoom is disabled! i too wish to create just big maps for flights.

plastikowl
April 19th, 2007, 18:34
the 1X zoom is disabled! i too wish to create just big maps for flights.

Unless you own a private plane, good luck getting GPS to work from inside of a giant metal tin can.

deniska
April 19th, 2007, 18:56
Unless you own a private plane, good luck getting GPS to work from inside of a giant metal tin can.
Not true..
Check out this post:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52863

megagab
April 19th, 2007, 21:23
Yep, that would be great if we could disable 1x and 2x, most of the time it's too close anyway to be useful while driving...

plastikowl
April 19th, 2007, 23:59
There are some streets that only show up on 1x, the names anyhow.

cydus21
April 20th, 2007, 08:48

neh... if i'm in a commercial jet i would be sleeping or watchin movies.. :D

i'm learning to fly and goin towards navigation in few months time so thot this could help me.

by the way i downloaded a map without some zoom level but when i load it into my psp, i still get them as blank tiles. is there a way to remove the zoom off the slider bar? thanks for any help! by the way i did delete the folder without png and i'm using the psp290 eboot

snk007
April 20th, 2007, 10:47
Hey,

I found the zoom setting, think this setting is really important and deserves a better place in gmdl...
Anyway, you should be able to disable the 1x to have coarse maps for a region and more detailed in cities... I hope u plan that, shouldn't be to hard to implement, think its harder to implement in gmdl.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

cydus21
April 20th, 2007, 11:06
u found it? care to share?

snk007
April 20th, 2007, 11:35
u have to press the [advanced...] button, there u'll find a min-zoom edit field, increase that to 2-3...

have fun!

cydus21
April 20th, 2007, 11:55
ohh i thot u were referring to the zoom level in the map instead.. buts its ok i need that info too!