PDA

View Full Version : Worms Sequel Confirmed for DS and PSP This Summer

JKKDARK
April 19th, 2007, 15:27
via Advanced Media Network (http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5055)

Worms: Open Warfare 2 has been officially announced for PSP and Nintendo DS.

The latest sequel to the Worms Franchise brings online battles allowing players to blow each other away with 11 new weapons. Classic specials Super Sheep, Concrete Donkey and Holy Hand Grenade are also back. Players will be able to battle online and check on daily updated stats and leader boards on the official Worms site.

Game modes for Open Warfare 2 include new single and multiplayer modes Rope Race, Fort Puzzle Campaign and Firing Range. New customization options will also be available allowing players to customize landscape, team flags, hats, tombstones and victory dances.

The game is scheduled for both systems this summer.

hypochondriac
April 19th, 2007, 17:18
Great this is what I've been waiting for! This is what they should have released in the first place.

Chuthbert
April 19th, 2007, 19:32
*tsk* This is what the original should have been. It was a disgrace. They nailed the graphics and physics, but only included the weapons from Worms 1. In fact, it had even less than the original. And there was a complete lack of modes and options. When I played it, I kept having to remind myself that it wasn't a demo version.

Hopefully this will at least add all of the weapons and other features from Armageddon and World Party.

Buddy4point0
April 19th, 2007, 20:01
11 way battles... thats awsome.

Sonicboy 101
April 19th, 2007, 20:03
Sounds good, I have always liked worms.

Yobumtin
April 19th, 2007, 21:43
I think they should have stuck with 2D but just make more like W:A or WWP.

Basil Zero
April 20th, 2007, 00:15
I have the first one, got it lately, cant wait for the second one.

The King
April 20th, 2007, 01:14
i got the first one a few weeks ago and cant wait for the second one and its like hypochondriac said the first one should have been like this one