PDA

View Full Version : Phidias Updated

wraggster
April 19th, 2007, 21:16
Tassu (http://www.sivullinen.fi/nds/index.php) has updated his excellent drawing app for the DS, heres whats new:

I've been busy so updating took longer than I expected, but here it is.

This is a kinda big update again. So many things have changed that I will not try to write a complete changelog, but here's some of the new cool features:

HSV color picker (no more messing around with rgba sliders)

Customizable palette

Can use bmp files as brushes and easily create brushes from within Phidias

Image offsettin feature to make it easy to create seamless textures

Some more tool options like spacing and line curving

And much more

No lefthanded mode or png support yet, sorry.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
April 20th, 2007, 01:17
i like this app. i draw with it all the time.

badam
April 20th, 2007, 05:20
I use this app if I need to remember something so I turn it on and write and save the .bmp

x999x
April 20th, 2007, 07:33
Another quality release, many thanks! I'll post a followup once I've had a go.

LazerTag
April 20th, 2007, 15:25
great app. still was my main pick for the coding comp.

Buddy4point0
April 21st, 2007, 01:05
... someone -repped me saying that what i said way pointless. saying i like it and i use it all the time is not pointless noob!

DanTheManMS
April 21st, 2007, 01:13
... someone -repped me saying that what i said way pointless. saying i like it and i use it all the time is not pointless noob!

No offense, but most of what you say doesn't really need to be said. I'm not the one who -repped you, and I realize that you're fine in this topic, but usually you post simply for the sake of getting a high post count. For instance, in the board for the Scrabble-like game, you said something to the effect of "sounds cool but I'll never play it," to which my question is "then why bother posting?"

I'm just saying that perhaps you should re-evaluate your posts and make sure that they actually contribute to the thread.

TeenDev
April 21st, 2007, 03:20
don't waste ur breath Dan.

DSO+Phidias=Awesome GUI for my app

lol

beltmanana
April 21st, 2007, 15:27
i like this alot it should have come built in the firmware. i think its about time someone made a new firmware too, with this and beup built in would be sweet! good job with phidius tassu youve made it great

TeenDev
April 23rd, 2007, 05:42
I don't think that would work, custom firmwares for DS can only be about 192KB, i think

beltmanana
April 23rd, 2007, 19:59
fair enough, btw buddy4point0 why shuld people dictate what you post? if i was the creator i'd be happy to see the positive feedback :)

witeds
June 7th, 2007, 01:04
i tried it with my mmp but the pencle and the brush did not work
can any one explain i even pached it and it did not work

[BloodLust]
June 8th, 2007, 10:30
I have the same problem too. Tried it both on R4DS and on my Supercard Lite. Application loads fine.. but you CAN'T actually draw.

Patched it with the right DLDI.

Never had this problem with the older versions :(

Hyrule_boy
June 8th, 2007, 12:29
You both don't have the Phidias folder extracted to the root of your Micro sd card. Or you don't have the nds file on the root of your Micro sd card.

madwurmz.com
June 17th, 2007, 11:26
App looks very cool
Trying very hard to get it running, but keeps on telling my I should use the right DLDI, ... I'm using M3DS and there are two DLDI's around, tried them both but without succes.. Can someone advice?

Update / Edit:
Have patched it on my mac now (with DLDI Drop) and it is working!!
Also probably used the wrong DLDI on windows, misleaded by M3 Adapter (and M3 Adapter -alt) instead of M3DS simply.
Wanted to try DLDI for R4 and noticed this misleader... :)

mafta
April 8th, 2008, 05:14
hey my sis used this app on her R4 awhile back and she saved it turned her DS off and everything had crashed all her saved files stuffed ect any1 know y?

da big E
April 9th, 2008, 20:01
This works perfectly on the R4DS as usual. Just DLDI patch the .nds file and put the phidias folder at the root of your SD card.

I'm now working on making some brushes with GIMP.