PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Revolution: What we know

wraggster
May 17th, 2005, 21:30
Alright, Nintendo intro’d the Revolution just a few minutes ago, here’s what we know so far:

Release is sometime in 2006.
Prototype shown is larger than final unit.
Nintendo is still determining final colors for the console.
All-Access Gaming, which refers to backwards compatibility to 20 years of Nintendo games, NES, SNES, N64. We don’t know particulars of how it’ll be accessed or what, if any, the cost structure might be.

Downloadable to 512MB of flash memory.
SD memory card slot.
Wireless controllers.
Two USB 2.0 ports.
Built-in WiFi.
WiFi used to interface with the DS.
DS likely to enhance future games.
Self-loading optical drive that will play 12cm Revolution discs and smaller GameCube discs
Self-contained attachment for playing media content, including DVDs.
No controller was shown. So even though the box looks a lot like the one leaked over the weekend, the accompanying controllers were not presented. So was it a leak, or a really good guess?

ptr.exe
May 19th, 2005, 15:47
Nintendo is still determining final colors for the console

better not be purple.

Cap'n 1time
May 19th, 2005, 17:08
better not be purple.

yes, ever since n64 the systems seem to take a kiddy feminine look. Dont be suprised when the case is covered in Pink foam, and the power switch activates a bubble machine.

I am being mean to nintendo only because they deserve it. You all know that in the past i have been very supportive of nintendo, but not today!

MetaFox
May 19th, 2005, 17:44
yes, ever since n64 the systems seem to take a kiddy feminine look. Dont be suprised when the case is covered in Pink foam, and the power switch activates a bubble machine.

I am being mean to nintendo only because they deserve it. You all know that in the past i have been very supportive of nintendo, but not today!Um, what's wrong with having pink or purple as a color choice as long as they have others. I never understood this. People complain because the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance have purple color designs. Guys, I have a black gamecube and a clear blue Gameboy Advance. It's all about the color choices. Not every console has to have their only color choices be monocromatic, nor should they be (though I personally prefer black consoles).

Christuserloeser
May 19th, 2005, 20:08
I do have a silver GameCube - it looks f**kin awesome :)

I like colorful systems though - the best looking Dreamcast out there still is the pink 'Hello Kitty' DC LE =P

The features and facts are unbelievable - Let's play ALL Nintendo games on one system :D

Cap'n 1time
May 19th, 2005, 20:14
Um, what's wrong with having pink or purple as a color choice as long as they have others. I never understood this. People complain because the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance have purple color designs. Guys, I have a black gamecube and a clear blue Gameboy Advance. It's all about the color choices. Not every console has to have their only color choices be monocromatic, nor should they be (though I personally prefer black consoles).

your right, i just said that to be an a$$hole. did i succeed? :)