PDA

View Full Version : New GTA IV details leaked

Shrygue
April 20th, 2007, 15:42
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162373)

A fresh set of Grand Theft Auto: IV rumours have been spilled across the internet suggesting that the recently revealed lead character dies early on in the game and you assume the role of his Russian cousin.

Via way of various forums and discussions comes what many are claiming to be new GTA: IV details. Rockstar obviously won't comment either way on what rumours are doing the rounds this week, but if these turn out to be true, it looks like the NYC-based publisher tried to lead us up the garden path with what it revealed in the debut trailer (which you can see here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/player.php?mode=article&id=724), just in case you missed it).

Apparently the lead character Nikko Bellic (the bloke from the trailer) is murdered early on in the game during a dodgy drug deal that goes horribly wrong.

Nikko is said to have fled Estonia to escape some dodgy Mafioso types and the rumours suggest that the story centres on a turf war between Italian and Russian families. Once this news reaches Bellic's mother land his cousin, Roman Petronov, takes the news very badly and sets sail for the US of A.

Petronov is said to be disturbed by the news of the murder and wants his revenge. But he doesn't just wade in there with sideways-pointing pistols and a bad attitude. He decides to do a bit of a Tony Montana, and work his way up the gangsta food chain first, before confronting those responsible for his cousin's untimely end.

Word is that playing as Roman Petronov you have to choose which gang to join to rise to the top of. You could be mugged, begged or jumped on to join the warring factions of Liberty City.

That rumour alone suggests that the game could turn out to be pretty open and non-linear, if you get to choose between three gangs. Presumably you'll have the chances to jump from gang to gang if things weren't going your way - with a bit of bloodshed thrown in along the way, of course.

Details that six motorcycles vehicles and three helicopters would make the final cut, though there will be no planes, were also hinted at.

Don't expect Rockstar to comment on the above at all. We'll just have to wait and see.

Madelin
April 20th, 2007, 16:08
Who cares really, its a video game afterall.

Airdevil
April 20th, 2007, 16:28
Who cares really, its a video game afterall.

Why are you here? :S

This is a website based around games consoles, and you moan that no-one should care about details of an upcoming game. I dont see why you even registered.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
April 20th, 2007, 16:33
Why are you here? :S

This is a website based around games consoles, and you moan that no-one should care about details of an upcoming game. I dont see why you even registered.

exactly what i was thinking ! lol. Am i right in thinking that there will be NO planes ?? thats a bad idea - surely rockstar are going backwards by doing that. although i think maybe leaving the jet pack out would not be a bad idea. thought that was a bit slapstick in SA

10shu
April 20th, 2007, 16:45
cool, so who do we play in that game??? borat sagdiyev or azamat bagatov????:)

solid12345
April 20th, 2007, 17:09
Don't know why people expect planes, the action is taking placely purely in liberty city most likely and flying a plane in a city like that would be useless.

Mc_Logical
April 20th, 2007, 19:50
No planes? damn i was hoping there would be, the graphics and the sound of game play should still be enough though without a doubt and who knows maybe gta V <-- 5? will have planes? looking a bit too far ahead i know lol

kalakunn
April 20th, 2007, 21:17
...Nikko is said to have fled Estonia... :thumbup:

Nice

Vangar
April 21st, 2007, 00:44
I agree with Madelin a little bit, who cares about the rumors, they almost always are wrong. Just wait for official news.

Basil Zero
April 21st, 2007, 06:04
I agree with Madelin a little bit, who cares about the rumors, they almost always are wrong. Just wait for official news.

Umm, are you a gamer? lol

j/k

seriously, rumors are what keeps games hyped up, without rumors, games wouldnt be hyped up.

So...BE HYPED UP:thumbup:

Vangar
April 21st, 2007, 07:05
Umm, are you a gamer? lol

j/k

seriously, rumors are what keeps games hyped up, without rumors, games wouldnt be hyped up.

So...BE HYPED UP:thumbup:

Look what happened when people got hyped up over Halo 2. The videos they showed weren't even in the released game. Just be careful.

paulyfknt90
April 21st, 2007, 07:14
i wouldnt put much hope into this news, ive been looking at this kids topic on gamefaqs and it was a desperate attempt to a 500 post topic.

after reaching 500 he admitited to it being fake.

the topic got deleted though, so srry if i cant provide the link, but im speking full truth.

Vangar
April 21st, 2007, 07:34
Hm. Now i don't know what to believe. Which is why i said not to get your hopes up over unofficial rumors at the start.

devdj
April 21st, 2007, 12:15
ah well hopefully gta 5 will be set in a different location other then America i hope it will be in Europe and ya star as an IRA operative.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
April 21st, 2007, 22:04
Don't know why people expect planes, the action is taking placely purely in liberty city most likely and flying a plane in a city like that would be useless.

worked well enough in vcs