PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 5 may be a timed exclusive to PS3

Shrygue
April 20th, 2007, 18:39
via PS3 Fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/04/20/silent-hill-5-may-be-a-timed-exclusive-to-ps3/)

We're serious, despite there being hardly any news on Silent Hill 5. Akira Yamaoka recently sat down with the German side of GamePro and spilled the beans on some details of the title. Oddly, not much has changed from when we last talked about the game, but that's a good thing because the game seemed like it was on the right track. We'll summarize the interview.

The game, as previously told, will resemble the best Silent Hill game in terms of player direction and character behavior. The best is, easily, Silent Hill 2.
The game's platform is still up in the air. PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 are obvious choices, but Akira hints at what may be a timed exclusive by saying that "we have had a good past experience with Playstation [where the series was born] and we hope to continue that trend."
Akira will probably be lead sound guy again, which is great.
They're not going to adopt the system used in the PSP Silent Hill: Origins because Akira said it didn't show off enough of the environment and surroundings... and that's what makes the games so awesome.Short interview, but it gives us a clear enough idea of what to expect. Still no scans floating around, although we're sure that'll change sooner or later. Come on, Konami, let's get this game rolling!

rmedtx
April 20th, 2007, 20:50
I can't wait for Silent Hill 5. I haven't bought a PS3 yet but if Silent Hill comes out tomorrow I would buy the PS3 right away.