PDA

View Full Version : Copper Swapper 0.52

wraggster
May 17th, 2005, 21:56
Atani has released another new version of his homebrew game, Copper Swapperfor the Dreamcast, heres whats new:

New License
Added intro/credits screens showing logos URLs
removed custom plx/tsu packages, replaced with BZ2Texture

Download from Atanis site here --> http://www.atani-software.net/

Thanks to Atani himself for the email.

obelisk
May 25th, 2005, 21:07
0.51 sbi doesn't load, nor does 0.52.

Sweater Fish Deluxe
May 26th, 2005, 03:03
Yeah, there's definitely a problem with the existing Copper Swapper binaries. I've tested both of them with Dream Hakker (and demomenu) and they don't work (though the Copper Swapper logo appears on the VMU screen, so the binaries are loading, but then hanging. I would have assumed that Dream Inducer would show the same behavior (can you confirm that the logo appears on the VMU with Dream Inducer?). I even have my doubts about whether the binaries would work if you selfbooted them on their own. ATani is aware of the problem and thinks he's diagnosed it, so v0.53 shouild be fixed. I'm waiting till then to try burning another disk (and looking forward to putting Warmtoe's new releaseson there, too).

...word is bondage...

fackue
May 26th, 2005, 03:16
I tried DreamInducer and DemoMenu. I place both scrambled and unscrambled bins on the DemoMenu disc. None of them work (black screen). I don't have a VMU so I can't tell you if the VMU logo showed up.

quzar
May 26th, 2005, 03:21
I havnt tried these releases of it, but sometimes if you don't have a vmu in and hte program tries to do vmu stuff, it will crash instead of just not doing anything. It's a hard bug to catch if you always have a vmu in, so I would try that out to see if it works when you put a vmu in.

obelisk
May 26th, 2005, 04:28
ok, i tried re-burning again, and tried w/ vmu, 2ice, just "copper swapper", in letters comes up on the vmu. :(

Darksaviour69
May 26th, 2005, 11:35
wait is this the first sbi release that was released a week or to ago, because that worked fine for me

obelisk
May 26th, 2005, 20:13
i dont remember there's been 3 i believe, i tried 0.51 sbi, and then made an sbi of 0.52. I guess i'll go back and look for .050, but i read that 0.51 and 0.52 were "improved", compared to 0.50.

Christuserloeser
May 26th, 2005, 20:20
I hope the problem will be solved - Looking forward to the next release.

Christuserloeser
June 8th, 2005, 22:04
Lying Wake posted a link to v0.50 here:

http://consolevision.com/dreamcast/games/cs-bin-0.50.tar.bz2

This does work. :)