PDA

View Full Version : Custom firmware problems...

Ghoti
April 21st, 2007, 08:43
Hi folks,

I am the creator of Boxy II and i get some responses that Boxy II does not work on custom firmware :s well since i have 3.02 OE-B (which is custom firmware) i don't know on what firmware it is and why it is :S does anybody has some info about known differences or limitations ?

greets ghoti

Suicizde
April 22nd, 2007, 01:34
well, some games (homebrew) dont work on custom firmware if you have your kernel set to 3.xx and try to run them from the "GAME" folder.

your testers probably did that rather than put the game in the "GAME150" folder like they should have done if their kernel was set to 3.xx rather than 1.5.

If you need any testers im always willing to help ;)

(on 3.40oea if that makes any odds)

Ghoti
April 22nd, 2007, 23:19
Ah thanks and i will let them know, on mine it worked perfectly but i put them in the game150 folder indeed, and yes i will need a tester soon :) but not for boxy II, for a new game i'm making, but i will let you know whne testing is required :D

greets ghoti

Aryn
May 24th, 2007, 08:51
I do not know whether or not I am too late in replying to this thread, but I have tested this game in custom firmware 3.40 OE A and it does not work when copied to the Game150 folder.

NoQuarter
May 24th, 2007, 09:15
probably easier in the long run to just set your kernel to 1.5 in recovery

Buddy4point0
May 24th, 2007, 09:53
it works fine for me (3.40 oe a) the people who told u that are most likly newbies that dont know how to use any homebrew.