PDA

View Full Version : GMDL Proplem...........plz help ASAP

habbal11
April 21st, 2007, 12:34
Dear Deniska and friends............hope u r all fine
i have recieved my ticket to Syria before two days ago............so i have started to download sattellite maps for aleppo(Halab) city in Syria.
the proplem is when the download start..........after a few minutes the message(google satellite test failed it may be an idea to change connection)shows and the download stops and every time i press ok it shows again and again and again.
and the map never completed(the message shows in the 5% step).
Note:i am using the last version of GMDL tool and i have .Net framework installed
i hope that u solve my proplem
Regards

in7ane
April 25th, 2007, 16:11
Google blocks based on IP if you download a certain number of satellite tiles within a given time (which seems to vary). Only real solution is to use a different connection when your IP gets blocked, wait quite a few hours for the block to expire, or use a different source (probably with lower resolution though).

desmond81
April 27th, 2007, 00:11
Hi i got a error when i am trying to launch the program, version gmdl0.4.15b, i got .NET 2 installed but seems like no matter which version of gmdl i try i always get this error window:

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i528598_Error.JPG[/URL]

Please help...:)

habbal11
April 27th, 2007, 10:36
well u have to ask Deniska or In7ane about this cause they the developers but i ll try to play with the choices till i have to get this error loooooooool
and i will tell u if i have this proplem
Regards

in7ane
April 27th, 2007, 12:03
Can you click on Details in the error dialog box and post the text from there (it may give me an idea of where it's crashing).

What happens if you click continue? Also, are you running it after having extracted the zip file?

desmond81
April 27th, 2007, 13:35
Hi this is a little long but here is the message i see when i click 'details'

-----
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GMDL.GMdl.GMdl_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\GMDL\GMdl.cs:line 1437
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Global Map Download Tool
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.26968
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.26968
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/GMDL/bin/Debug/Global%20Map%20Download%20Tool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
----

End of details

in7ane
April 28th, 2007, 16:32
This is an internet connection issue - GMDL needs to access maps.google.com on startup (I can replicate it by unplugging my network cable) that could be caused by your Windows XP/Vista/Firewall/AntiVirus being configured to block GMDL from accessing the internet (one of those Deny or Allow? boxes that pop up - you'll have to consult your OS/firewall manual to find out how to change the settings).

You can re download http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.15b.zip which now gives a more informative error message, and will keep on retrying (you can quit via the task manager).

desmond81
April 28th, 2007, 17:06
thanks heaps! i will give that a try...:)

desmond81
April 29th, 2007, 10:20
hmmm.....i tired to use the program again....but no matter how i set my firewall and internet security it still says no internet connection.....
the strange thing is the main window loads up google maps default page in the main window even when the error message saying that there is no internet access comes up and no matter how many times i click it still cant detect internet..

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i544377_Error2.JPG[/URL]

I am using a broadband connection with a adsl router.....is this causing the program to be unable to detect any dial up connection?

in7ane
April 30th, 2007, 11:50
The webpage that's visible is an instance of internet explorer, so it inherits its security settings. What you need to change is an application permission setting, that you need to enable somewhere, see:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61368

Since I can't see "internet security to medium" anywhere in a default windows install I think it's probably a third party product (Norton?).

cuizable
May 20th, 2007, 08:55
Hi, first off all thanks to Deniska and in7ane for the great applications, I live in Turkey and I use PSP-290 very successfully..Sony must be proud of you guys because their product is sold worldwide with the support of you.. :)
I was blocked by Google maps one time,I think if i limit the download speed of GMDL to 5 kb/sec with (NetLimiter etc.), it won't block my IP, am I right?

Because I study geology and use satellite images mostly, Google's satellite maps are way better than Yahoo's, Yahoo's are too old.. :)
Thanks in advance for your help..

P.S: And sometimes when I zoom out of the maps, psp freezes and I need to do a restart..Consider it as a little bug report please,and thank you so much again.. :)