PDA

View Full Version : nintendo DS sleeping mode fix for flashme users without a ds cart to use

jojotjuh
April 21st, 2007, 18:22
New from ChronoSaga

By connecting pins 1 and 7 of the NDS slot internally on the DS Lite (and probably DS original) you can fix the Standby/Sleep "bug" in Flashme. This way, a card is not required in the slot for Standby/Sleep mode to work.

I did this to my DS Lite and it works the same other than the Standby/Sleep "bug" fix, and has had no adverse effects. I used a single wire from the inside of a Cat5 cable (Ethernet network cable) so I'm not sure of the minimum gauge needed, but it's pretty small.

I suck at soldering and I got it on the first try, just put a small dab of solder on the end of the exposed wire, set it in place carefully, and touch the soldering iron to it for a second. Just take your time and it's easy.

(Note that pin 1 is actually the second point from the right. If you look closely at your DS Lite you'll see that the one on the far right is not actually connected to the card slot. You can't quite make it out from the pictures, but you get the point.)

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/1338/sleepstandbymod7zr.jpg
http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/8435/sleepstandbymodclose6cc.jpg

Be carefull when putting the DS back together. The power switch and volume slider are fragile, be careful not to break them.

I tried this too, and it also works on the ds fat :D

kcajblue
April 21st, 2007, 18:57
thats pretty cool.
but i dont need to do it.
im fine with having a game in the slot.

DanTheManMS
April 21st, 2007, 22:58
This is fairly old news really. That's what those "dummy carts" were made for - to connect those two pins together.

jojotjuh
April 22nd, 2007, 12:34
Yep I know, but like this, you don't need anything at all, not even a dummy cart :D

though, if you know this, you'd probably make your own dummy cart xD

this was cool for me because I didn't want to buy the dummy cart and my bro lent my games to one of his friends

without asking me
the disrespect :O
well, I'm very grateful to the author of that thread, it helped me alot :D
(that's why I posted it here :P)

Buddy4point0
April 23rd, 2007, 10:50
that looks kinda dificult ( not too bad) but i dont see why you would want to do this to avoid something as trivial as having a game in the slot