PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Game Boy Gems

Mark30001
April 21st, 2007, 18:41
Chris Covell has written up a page with 10 short reviews of one of the most obscure Game Boy games! They are: Trip World, Chalvo 55, Peetan, Noobow, Balloon Kid/Balloon Fight GB/Hello Kitty World (Famicom), Heiankyo Alien, Booby Boys, Ca Da, Karamuu-Cho No Daijken, & Ikari No Yousai 2.

The Game Boy never got much credit as a proper game machine with decent games. Oh, sure, games like Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening were miniature masterpieces, but by about a year or two after the GB's release, it had fallen out of favour from me and any other self-respecting gamer, earning the title LameBoy for its blurry, low-contrast monochrome screen. That didn't change until the late '90s, when I finally caved in and bought a Super Game Boy for my SNES. This move let me rediscover some great games from the NES' little brother, and saved my eyesight in the process.

If you're like me, then, there are probably dozens of great GB games that you have passed over for flashier entertainment from the 16-bit and 32-bit systems. So why not take the time to slow down, and appreciate some of the cream of the obscure crop of GB releases? Most of these games were only released in Japan, and have very little hype or popularity to show for their efforts. I promise that there'll be at least one game that you'll fall in love with in this list below. So let's get busy!

Check them out here:
http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/gbgems.html

kcajblue
April 21st, 2007, 18:59
ive never heard of those games.
except the balloon game.

mastersho
April 21st, 2007, 20:15
Hello Kitty World!?!? the others are pretty fun mainly balloon Fight.

wolfpack
April 21st, 2007, 20:28
gameboy games are classics... thats why i have them on my psp!

gunntims0103
April 21st, 2007, 20:34
Thanks for the blog post Mark :)

LoneWolf-v7
April 21st, 2007, 20:57
wow i looked at that list and didn't recognise any of them
but seeing as I really enjoy a good old retro game I'll seek these out for emulation

mastersho
April 21st, 2007, 21:56
gameboy games are classics... thats why i have them on my psp!

Yeah they were great. I had alot of gameboy games on my PSP until my dog broke my screen.......

JKKDARK
April 22nd, 2007, 16:56
There are A LOT of Game Boy games we didn't hear about

kcajblue
April 23rd, 2007, 01:23
lonewolf, make your sig smaller.
it should be at most 520 x 120
and 75 kBs