PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware 1.62 IE-B Released

wraggster
April 22nd, 2007, 01:22
New from Becus25:

Custom Firmware 1.62 Increasing Edition B Update1

Install from firmware 1.50!
Detected errors, already corrected!

For change the aspect of the XMB put the files (topmenu_plugin.rco for example) in ms0: /ieflash. If you have brick you will be able to recover it with the way recovery. In order to be able to do it you must have downgrade or an official update of Sony in ms0: /psp/game/ierecovery. If you do not have it, calm because from the way recovery you can connect the PSP by Usb and transmit the data.

-- Installing custom firmware 1.62 increasing edition --
For install custom firmware, copy the PSP folder in the root of your memory stick. Then, execute the flasher and press X.
Later custom firmware will be installed.
- Skip Sony logo.
- You can start not xploited eboots.
- You can start modules.
- Contains two recovery menú. If it does not detect one it loads the other.
- In software system puts "version 1.62 IE-B". *new
- Recovery and the XMF were now fused . *new
- Added security and the flasher and you will not break the PSP *new and important
- VshMain contain compatibility to hide corrupt icons and use autoboot from the functions of recovery.
- Bug fix ( when activated autoboot and was not in the route that touched to the PSP crashed; now if it passes that, the PSP returns to the XMB with normality :P . *new
- More speed in recovery mode. *new
- The flasher contain more security. If it not detect that the files were in the correct root of the memory stick, the flasher exit automatic.
Recovery functions:
- You will be able to recover the PSP of semi-brick.
- Usb available.
- You can personalize XMB
- You can have three styles of icons of the XMB in the MS and change them from recovery (in this version, this setting is disabled, but in other versions will be enabled)
- You can activate/deactivate Autoboots (put the autoboot on \psp\game\boot\eboot.pbp ) from recovery without any kept configuration file. *new
- Recovery mode, this structured like a menu . *new
- Structured section “ADVANCE” like a menu . From this section you can do this : *new
· Change the theme of PSP ( in fact in 1.50 not it can but it is hack :P ) *new
· You can activate/deactivate autoboots. *new
· You can hide or not hide corrupt icons of the XMB. *new

Thanks to Dark_AleX that created first custom firmware . Also, to Fryeco that was offered like betatester.

http://www.becus25.blogspot.com
becus25

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

SpooForBrains
April 22nd, 2007, 01:26
Does anyone know what this offers that the OE custom firmwares don't? Not that I'm saying we shouldn't have diversity, genuinely curious.

Suicizde
April 22nd, 2007, 01:27
very nice, i like the sound of two recovery menus :p

ill stick with 3.40oea for now tho ;)

Man
April 22nd, 2007, 03:38
Sounds like a good thing, but ill wait untill better translated instructions are released. Ok so it bricked my psp, when i start up, i get a red screen, and iv never seen that before, but i think its because i went from 3.03 OE - this new one, but i can still recover back to 1.5 and try again.

|UPDATE : im on 1.5 and am trying again.

Update: i think my PSP if Fcked

Super edit: going to update to 2.00, then back in the morning, i wouldnt use this custom firmware if i were you.

Quadra edit : upgrading to 3.4oe, phew im saFE

burrito
April 22nd, 2007, 04:30
lol it says "Install from firmware 1.50!"

Man
April 22nd, 2007, 05:05
lol it says "Install from firmware 1.50!"

Even after i got to 1.5 via recovery, and tryed again, it fcked my PSP up, btw, a good attempt, i still like DAXs firmware better.

philage
April 22nd, 2007, 07:52
Nice, another new firmware, spoilt for choice :D

Keep up the great work.

opiate81
April 22nd, 2007, 09:23
It works properly if you read and follow the instructions

he has also released a flasher tool to flash the second recovery and autoboot function to the newer OE fw's

Cloudhunter
April 22nd, 2007, 14:02
This 2 recovery mode thing is a load of tat. A bricker won't only touch recovery mode, it will touch the whole flash.

Cloudy

Buddy4point0
April 22nd, 2007, 16:49
iits good that you can do this but dark alex's firmware will def be used much more