PDA

View Full Version : warPSP^xmb Alpha

wraggster
April 22nd, 2007, 01:25
New from Califrag:

Attached you will find my warPSP^xmb prx. I have attached this as lftv_plugin.prx but it can be renamed and launched from the Network Update, Certificate Utility, or Remote Play icons.

This prx file is a simple "wardriving" application that can be launched within the xmb. Once launched, it will do a continuous scan/rescan for wireless hotspots and display that information in the xmb.

Controls:
L+R+SQUARE: Toggle auto-rescan
L+R+CIRCLE: Toggle info level
L+R+SELECT: Stop warPSP^xmb.

There are known bugs with this prx:
When running, if you try to launch the internet browser, rss, or any other network function, mixed results will happen: psp locks up or prx scan stops responding or both.
If not disabled before starting a game from the game menu, psp usually freezes
Only the first access point found is displayed correctly in the list. Not sure why this happens.

I will be continuing development on this prx and hopefully plan to release a more stable version with extra features like logging and such.

I wanted to get this one out there to get some feedback concerning:
(everyone)
a) does anyone find this useful?
(developers)
b) does anyone know why only the first access point is displayed correctly?
and
c) does anyone know how I can get this to load correctly as a OE plugin, instead of having to flash it to your psp?

Please note the only way to install this currently is by flashing to your PSP and this has only been tested to work on 3.03 OE-C.

All standard disclaimers apply when flashing/modifying your PSP. I take no responsibility for any misuse of the attached file.

Thanks to everyone in advance who tests this and posts feedback!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via califrag (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1519025&postcount=1)

DarthPaul
April 22nd, 2007, 01:45
Wait,I don't get...What's this for?

SpooForBrains
April 22nd, 2007, 02:17
Interesting idea, but I think I'll stick with Wifi Sniffer for the moment until some of the kinks are worked out.

DarthPaul: This is a tool that lets you scan for wireless networks from within the XMB.

DarthPaul
April 22nd, 2007, 03:13
Thanks. But...I can do that already with regular firmwares...

SpooForBrains
April 22nd, 2007, 11:46
No, you can't. You can go to network settings, start setting up a new infrastructure mode connection and THEN scan. This is not the same thing.

This, as I understand it, allows you to use a button combination anywhere in the XMB (like the mp3 plugins) to start scanning for wireless networks. So, for example, you could have the scan running while you're listening to music, or browsing photos.

Clearer?

telnaur
April 22nd, 2007, 13:21
I think this is awesome! I can't wait until a plugin style release!
good job and keep it up!

Buddy4point0
April 22nd, 2007, 16:51
um i gess this is good. can you just scan by going to setting>wreless>infrastucture>add new>scan?

SpooForBrains
April 22nd, 2007, 17:09
um i gess this is good. can you just scan by going to setting>wreless>infrastucture>add new>scan?

Read my comment above about why this is different from doing that.

sappo
April 22nd, 2007, 17:23
Read my comment above about why this is different from doing that.

Hey... only avoiding to go in a few menues DOESN'T make this different. It is the same function, only keyshortcutted.

SpooForBrains
April 22nd, 2007, 20:25
Sappo, can you leave that scan running while you do other things like watch videos, view pictures or listen to music?

Also, that only does a one-time scan. You have to keep leaving the menu and going back in to get it to re-scan. Not a lot of use as a wardiving tool. This continuously scans while it is running.