PDA

View Full Version : Join The Wii Diet!

JKKDARK
April 22nd, 2007, 22:58
via DPAD (http://dpad.gotfrag.com/wii/story/37412/)

Hey, who are we kidding here? Most of us can stand to lose a little weight... some more than others. I come to you here, not to preach that what I plan to do over the next month will change your life, but it is a good start and a good path to help follow a good direction.

To put it plainly I’m a big guy; I’m 6’1 and 242 lbs. Here come the laughs, the smirks and the witty comments, the put downs, but there is no reason for any of that. I’m not here to show off or brag, or single myself out or blame anyone for anything. I am who I am, and I’m quite happy with my life. I am also here with a plan. The plan is called the Wii Diet*. Before you dismiss it just hear me out. At first, I can imagine it sounding fishy, but in one month I will hopefully prove to you and other gamers alike that lifestyles can change, bad habits can be something of the past and not control our lives.

For many of you, this won’t apply. For others, this may be an eyebrow raiser, but let me lay out this plan for you all:

For the next month, I will, in combination with gym exercise, eat healthy and use my brand new Nintendo Wii system to lose between 10 and 15 pounds for the beloved GotFrag & DPAD audience and most importantly for myself. Again, this is no sympathy card, this is just a great way to incorporate a healthy lifestyle and gaming in combination.

My motivation is YOU GUYS. I know by continuing this piece over the next month will make me want to hit the gym and not eat all the crap that we all know and do often as well as build good healthy behaviors.

Here is the regimen:

1. Three 1-2 hour per week sessions at the Gym (Powerhouse Gym)
2. Five 30 minute Nintendo Wii Sessions on Wii Sports
3. At least 3 home cooked meals a week
4. Breakfast every morning

So, let me clarify this plan a bit more.

I just recently signed up at my local gym. (Monthly cost, plus sign up $128)

Working out with my Nintendo will be very fun and hopefully a very healthy experience. From Wii tennis, boxing, baseball and more, I am convinced this will make an impact. (Wii unit with Wii Sports $250)

Breakfast… Mr. Jack from Jack in the Box says so, and he is really smart. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Your morning carbohydrates fuel your body throughout the day and get your metabolism up and running. Not only that, you won’t find yourself gorging for random junk food throughout the day or into the evening. (Cereal and milk for a month $18)

That trip to the grocery store will be a fun one as I intend on cooking some of my meals. (Thanks Mom!)

joshisposer
April 23rd, 2007, 03:40
My gym i think is like 25$ sign up and 25$ a month
It's very popular so it can stay sort of low

Destroyer699
April 23rd, 2007, 04:08
To put it plainly I’m a big guy
Aha. I knew she was a guy. I knew it.