PDA

View Full Version : [release] PSPSeq 2.10 now available!

badplankton
April 23rd, 2007, 13:01
hi - i'd like to announce version 2.10 of PSPSeq; a homebrew application used for composing music on the PSP. some of the new features and fixes in this version of PSPSeq include:

- automated interpolation of synthesis parameters
- more track copying options to simplify and speed composing music
- button combos enabling instant solo/unmute of all tracks, copy/paste of synthesis parameters, and removal of hits in a track
- automated shifting of hits in a track for easy echo effects and arpeggiation
- ability to record to ms0:/PSP/MUSIC directory for playback of loops and songs outside of PSPSeq
- more visualization modes and new visualization controls
- access to time, battery life and available flash memory within PSPSeq
- new features for using PSPSeq in live environments
- optimized WAV file playback
- other minor bug fixes and optimizations to screen and audio rendering
- many new sample songs and loops

PSPSeq 2.10 can be downloaded here:

http://dspmusic.org/psp/PSPSeq210.zip

mp3s of some of the songs made with PSPSeq can be found here:

http://dspmusic.org/psp

PSPSeq also has a mailing list/forum at googlegroups:

http://groups.google.com/group/pspseq

enjoy!

ethan
dspmusic.org/psp

XioN980
April 23rd, 2007, 13:26
why you put this in DS news ill never know...

Junixx
April 23rd, 2007, 13:26
>.< Wrong forum, this is the DS section

...wait, this is in the network news forum

badplankton
April 23rd, 2007, 13:42
why you put this in DS news ill never know...

did i? looks like the big all encompassing news forum to me. copying from the top of the page...

<i>DCEmu Forums:: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PSP Dreamcast Nintendo DS Wii GP2X Xbox 360 GBA Gamecube PS2 Forums > DCEmu Network News Forum > DCEmu Network News Forum > [release] PSPSeq 2.10 now available!</i>

Junixx
April 23rd, 2007, 13:50
Yes it does encompass the entire site, but this is a PSP specific release, so it should go in the PSP News forum so it appears only on that main page, instead of in the Xbox 360 section, Blog section, Wii section, etc....

badplankton
April 23rd, 2007, 13:54
Yes it does encompass the entire site, but this is a PSP specific release, so it should go in the PSP News forum so it appears only on that main page, instead of in the Xbox 360 section, Blog section, Wii section, etc....

gotcha. i'll see what i can do about cleaning up this mess. sadly i don't think i can go and delete the thread. :\

Junixx
April 23rd, 2007, 13:56
I think the mods will move it when they see it, and on the other hand, it seems like it makes some nice music, im listening to a sample song

badplankton
April 23rd, 2007, 13:59
I think the mods will move it when they see it, and on the other hand, it seems like it makes some nice music, im listening to a sample song

yeah i just emailed them, hopefully it will make the move quickly.

happy to hear you're enjoying the music. definitely not my intention to spread this outside of the PSP forums, but i'm glad some good came of it. ;)

belialone
April 23rd, 2007, 15:02
hooooo hooooo

quzar
April 23rd, 2007, 15:42
moved.

Buddy4point0
April 23rd, 2007, 21:20
thanks, i love psp sinc its fun to use all day. i use it in cunjusntion with sleep and wake, i use this to make the beats i wake up too:)

RCON
April 24th, 2007, 03:46
Nice job Ethan! Its amazing you can get that sound out of the psp!

badplankton
April 24th, 2007, 05:16
Nice job Ethan! Its amazing you can get that sound out of the psp!

thanks - a lot of it is testimony to the talented people using PSPSeq. look at something like hazedemo; i'm totally blown away that you can do that much with a few FM generators. that one's only at 70% utilization. crazy.

oh and nice work with PSPRhythm. i'm amazed by how professional your app looks. it's been a few releases since i've given it a go, now that i can finally breath again i should really check out the competition. ;)

pibs
April 24th, 2007, 05:36
great app btw that song gaytech sounds exactly like the title lol crazy beats

x999x
April 24th, 2007, 05:59
Absolutely Incredible...

I'm speechless... I've been cherishing my DS as a wonderful music outlet, but I can only strum for so long, tr909 doesn't save, and Electroplankton doesn't really let you "compose" if you know what I mean...

THANK YOU!

I'm listening to the sample mp3s and am blown away by the possibilities.

I'm feeling an urge for Kraftwerk :D