PDA

View Full Version : Group Memberships

JKKDARK
April 23rd, 2007, 14:47
Why we don't have the GBA group?

VampDude
April 23rd, 2007, 16:47
Why we don't have the GBA group?

You mean why don't we, and I don't know why there isn't a GBA group? Maybe you should start one? :)

JKKDARK
April 23rd, 2007, 16:59
There are GBA owners in the forum, and there's homebrew for GBA.

VampDude
April 23rd, 2007, 18:00
There are GBA owners in the forum, and there's homebrew for GBA.

Start your own group then, and see where it goes from there...

...Additional forums within DCEmu might be created from it?

JKKDARK
April 23rd, 2007, 23:40
Start your own group then, and see where it goes from there...

...Additional forums within DCEmu might be created from it?

What are you talking about!? I said about the group memberships, and I think administrators should add a GBA group because it's another handheld for homebrew.

VampDude
April 23rd, 2007, 23:57
What are you talking about!? I said about the group memberships, and I think administrators should add a GBA group because it's another handheld for homebrew.

I'm talking about you starting a group or a topic within the OffTopic/HandHeld sections, and seeing where it can go from there...

Group/Topic being seen by staff members and anyone who looks at the site, then if the group/topic proves popular (as GBA isn't really the best homebrew handheld) there could possibly be something of a sub-directory within the HandHeld section

...I doubt that you will follow through with wanting a GBA homebrew group anyway, because you will probably forget by this time next week!

S34MU5
April 24th, 2007, 00:53
I think JKKDARK means instead of like "PSP user"
"GBA user"

JKKDARK
April 24th, 2007, 00:57
"GBA user"

Exactly!

S34MU5
April 24th, 2007, 01:02
PM kaiser,

wolfpack
April 24th, 2007, 01:16
we need a group membership that says "SegaCD User" ... id be the first on in it!

JKKDARK
April 24th, 2007, 01:20
we need a group membership that says "SegaCD User" ... id be the first on in it!

There is not homebrew on Sega CD

VampDude
April 24th, 2007, 02:00
"GBA user"

Exactly!

why didn't he say in the first place???

Kaiser
April 24th, 2007, 02:52
why didn't he say in the first place???
Everyone else understood what he was talking about.

I'll see about adding a "GBA user" joinable usergroup before the end of the night. :)

VampDude
April 24th, 2007, 03:22
Everyone else understood what he was talking about.

I'll see about adding a "GBA user" joinable usergroup before the end of the night. :)

I didn't, cause he never explained properly to begin with

JKKDARK
April 25th, 2007, 01:09
Nice! We, GBA users, can't wait for your decision :)

gdf
April 25th, 2007, 20:10
i know snes don't have homebrew but what bout it?

Kaiser
April 25th, 2007, 22:39
Whoops, almost forgot about this. I'll add the joinable usergroup right now.

Mark30001
April 25th, 2007, 22:45
Nice! I think you should add usergroups for the remaining DCEmu sites we have: Apple User, Retro User, & XGP User. ;)

gdf
April 26th, 2007, 13:29
YES i was going to ask for retro user!

JKKDARK
April 26th, 2007, 13:46
N-Gage user!

quzar
April 26th, 2007, 16:02
There is not homebrew on Sega CD

Yes there is: http://www.retrodev.com/segacd.html . Just not very much. There's like one or two demos, and some stuff that would allow genesis games to boot off CD.

VampDude
April 26th, 2007, 16:14
Yes there is: http://www.retrodev.com/segacd.html . Just not very much. There's like one or two demos, and some stuff that would allow genesis games to boot off CD.

that's cool, I never knew that...

...so am I correct in saying that SegaCD can run normal Genesis/MegaDrive games (illegals in this case) to be played on the actual console itself?

Kaiser
April 27th, 2007, 05:25
Yeah I've seen Sega CD ports of Sonic 1/2. Very impressive stuff.

SnesR0X
April 27th, 2007, 08:02
There actually is some snes homebrew, at the Flea market a couple of weeks ago there was this old guy who had an accessory that could hook up a flopy disk to the snes, and copy games from the computer to it, so you could make your own game and pop it in.

gdf
April 27th, 2007, 08:53
now a snes usergroup is possible!

quzar
April 27th, 2007, 12:06
There actually is some snes homebrew, at the Flea market a couple of weeks ago there was this old guy who had an accessory that could hook up a flopy disk to the snes, and copy games from the computer to it, so you could make your own game and pop it in.

You're probably talking about the super UFO: http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=super-ufo-pro8-dev-kit-for-snes as it's the most availible one nowadays. There were also ones made by bung (more famous for their n64 dumper) and a handfull of other companies.

Most of these are made to dump carts, but can be used in reverse as well.

VampDude
April 27th, 2007, 17:20

You're probably talking about the super UFO: http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=super-ufo-pro8-dev-kit-for-snes as it's the most availible one nowadays. There were also ones made by bung (more famous for their n64 dumper) and a handfull of other companies.

Most of these are made to dump carts, but can be used in reverse as well.

Professor SF2 + CD-7

http://supermodified.net/gamedoctorsf7/pics/other2.jpg

The ultimate SNES...

...Make note of the CD Drive, the Professor SF2 (floppy drive) + CD-7 is one of those must have SNES accesories

SnesR0X
April 27th, 2007, 17:25
well, it sorta looked like that, (Quzar's one) but a little older. He said you can hook it up to the nes too.

Kaiser
April 30th, 2007, 05:26
Professor SF2 + CD-7

http://supermodified.net/gamedoctorsf7/pics/other2.jpg

The ultimate SNES...

...Make note of the CD Drive, the Professor SF2 (floppy drive) + CD-7 is one of those must have SNES accesories

Hah! that really looks close to a Sega Genesis/CD/32x to me. :D

VampDude
April 30th, 2007, 06:42
Hah! that really looks close to a Sega Genesis/CD/32x to me. :D

I think that was what they wanted it to look like, although the cd drive is not clipped onto the SNES like on the MegaDrive2/Genesis (which has it's motorized tray thing)...

...It's attatched with a serial cable, which the cd drive can be located on the left or on the right or even below like on the original MegaDrive/Genesis (but I wouldn't trust a SNES ontop of a cd drive)