PDA

View Full Version : The $1 GameCube and other yard sale steals

wraggster
April 23rd, 2007, 18:44
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/23/the-1-gamecube-and-other-yard-sale-steals/)

Yard sales are one of the few places where you'll find items people hate so much that they'd trade them to you for a quarter. But they can also, as Cheap Ass Gamer reminds us, be a place to find some video game steals. Now, as spring has sprung in the U.S. and yard sales dot suburban streets, CAG has left a pan of hot, freshly-baked yard sale finds on their digital windowsill for you to drool over.

Most tantalizing: The above cluster of 10 mint NES games like Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and Bayou Billy for the low, low price of $8, less than two NES games on the Virtual Console. Then again, you don't have to wake up at 7am to buy games on the VC, so it's really a matter of priorities. If you weren't aware that "Early bird gets the worm" is the only axiom yard sale nuts hold dearer than "I'm not going to pay more than two dollars for this Monopoly game," you're probably going to need CAG's helpful yard sale tip wiki as well. Happy hunting!

More Info (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/follow-that-sign-yard-sales-your-video-game-collection.php)

Shrygue
April 23rd, 2007, 18:48
A Gamecube for a dollar? That would be about 50p - my God, that's so cheap!

Basil Zero
April 23rd, 2007, 21:45
1 dollar for a gcn --_--

JKKDARK
April 23rd, 2007, 23:27
I don't have a gamecube! :(

ryan2006
April 24th, 2007, 00:17
gamecube games are really expensive in the uk now as there all preowned so there like £20 for good ones though some sit around £10

kcajblue
April 24th, 2007, 00:24
i would buy it even if it was broken just to say i bought a gc for 1 dollar.

Adrenalin
April 24th, 2007, 09:11
gamecube for dollar! ur shitting me!

i'd buy it eve nif it was chopped in half with a chainsaw!

SpooForBrains
April 24th, 2007, 15:34
My wife got me a NES with four games, the light-gun and two controllers for £10 from a table-top sale. I thought that was a pretty good deal!