PDA

View Full Version : AR + SDLOAD working sometimes?

billybobjim
April 23rd, 2007, 18:52
I'm using the Action Replay with the gecko and a 2 gig SD card. I followed the tutorial. I've installed SDLOAD on the card and put FCE Ultra on there also. I'm trying this on the Wii.

I've encountered 4 different outcomes as I try to load this.

1. AR boots the SDLOAD menu and runs FCE Ultra perfectly.

2. AR boots SDLOAD which crashes.

3. AR goes to blank screen and hangs while trying to load the SDLOAD menu.

4. AR cannot find the wavebird controller

It seems like these outcomes are completely random. First time I tried, I got outcome 3. The second time I tried, everything ran perfectly. Just about every time after that I get outcome 3. Why does this process work about half the time? I'm guessing outcome 4 is because i'm using a Wii. I'm sure that I check to load SDLOAD on the AR menu everytime. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

WhizzBang
June 16th, 2007, 08:47
I always get outcome 4. I have to use a non-wireless pad to use SDLOAD + AR, but other than that it works flawlessly for me.
I think the only difference between my set and yours is I am using a 256 MB SD card. How did you manage to format you 2 GB card to FAT16?

AuroEdge
July 20th, 2007, 07:19
So in order to use SDLOAD on a Wii you do NOT need to have a modchip installed? If you don't, would using a modchip increase compatibility than without it? I can't see why it would make a difference but I don't know if Nintendo patched against Action Replay or that SD Media Loader accessory.