PDA

View Full Version : Valhalla Knights

wraggster
April 23rd, 2007, 18:58
New from Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-1spv.html) and SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_Valhalla_Knights_US_Version.html?aff_id=2 4) (Worldwide shipping)

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/4n/pa.83875.1.jpg

features
Customizable characters give each player a unique experience - select from five races (human, dwarf, halfling, elf, machine) and eight different job classes (Fighter, Mage, Priest, Thief, Knight, Samurai, Ninja, Anchor)
Complete quests to earn more gold to help recruit new party members or upgrade equipment
Enjoy the vast selection of weapons, armors, and accessories which also become visible on the in-game models when equipped
Real-time battles in which the player can switch between controlling any of the six party members on the fly
Highly detailed indoor and outdoor environments such as forests, dungeons, tunnels, castles, and an old ninja village
Encounter up to 150 different types of monsters, including dragons, giants, vampires, ghosts and enemy samurais
Network Play - Team up with other players in multi-player modes

description
A place that was forgotten from history, where humans, elves, dwarfs, halflings and other various races lived together in harmony... it was a paradise, surrounded by deep green forests and crystal clear streams. However, the roar of the demons tore apart their peaceful lives. It was the return of the Dark Lord, the previous ruler of the land, which sparked a new round of battles which would eventually encompass all the races. After years of fierce fighting, the Dark Lord was sealed away by the hands of the hero, Rastul. But from the blood of the demons, the land had been cursed and the sky lost its light. The cursed land entrapped the people, making every waking moment feel like an eternity. Eventually the land once known as a paradise came to be known as "The Cursed Land." One day, a youth wakes up in this land. In this land full of despair, the youth searches for his/her lost memory. What lies ahead are the discovery of his/her memories and the future of this forsaken land.

Buddy4point0
April 23rd, 2007, 21:31
i think it looks cool but it didnt get very good ratings. mabey ill look into it, i donno

Basil Zero
April 23rd, 2007, 21:42
I've played it, the controls are kinda weird, battle system is weird itself as well.

Abgoj
April 23rd, 2007, 22:16
I've played it. It's not very good.:mad:

404 Error
April 23rd, 2007, 22:28
I've had my eyen on this but I'm not too sure. It got very average reviews.

Veskgar
April 23rd, 2007, 22:33
Sadly this seems like another less-than-stellar PSP RPG effort.

I find that for RPG's I've only been playing PSX games on the PSP thanks to OE custom firmware. I wish the PSP had better RPG's but I'm sure this year will better for the genre.

kaffie
April 23rd, 2007, 22:41
Trying to like it but failing.

pt9087
April 24th, 2007, 01:19
This game really should of come out for DS because its not worthy of the PSP

Deathnix
April 24th, 2007, 02:22
This game really should of come out for DS because its not worthy of the PSP

Thats just a silly statement.
DS has many better RPGs then PSP.
PSP is only good for homebrew.

pt9087
April 24th, 2007, 13:15
Thats just a silly statement.
DS has many better RPGs then PSP.
PSP is only good for homebrew.

How is it a silly statement, its obviously not good enough for PSP, and like you said DS has better RPGs, so just like i said it should be on DS :)

aznTerz
April 24th, 2007, 14:42
heyz this game sounds like a good game....
havent seen any screens or gameplay of the game yet.....
might just get the game :P

Deathnix
April 25th, 2007, 01:41
How is it a silly statement, its obviously not good enough for PSP, and like you said DS has better RPGs, so just like i said it should be on DS :)

It makes no sense what your saying, because DS has better RPGs then PSP, it should get a bad PSP rpg? O.o

pkmaximum
April 25th, 2007, 02:30
Hmmm read gamespot reviews.... described as a "repetitive dungeon crawler". So I'm not to excited over a game like this, I also read that it lacks story plot..... so I'm not sure too much what the game has to offer.

And as far as RPG's on the PSP goes, I agree the only RPG's I find my self playing is PSX games. But though there is one PSP RPG that I absolutley loved. YS: Ark of Naphatism this game is great for your hack and slash action, good story plot a little un-original though. But still I love real time RPG's basically to me its like Secret of Mana with only a single player mode. You can upgrade in level, and upgrade your weapons, sounds just like secret of mana to me, real time combat too. I loved this game, I seriously would give it a 9/10 if your an RPG lover.

The King
April 25th, 2007, 02:41
i have this game and i kinda like it

also pkmaximum ima try that game that ur talking about

Broadus
April 25th, 2007, 08:36
Man, that game is insanely frustrating and dull. Could've been better if allies were abundant from the beginning, and smarter.

Deathnix
April 26th, 2007, 02:20
Hmmm read gamespot reviews.... described as a "repetitive dungeon crawler". So I'm not to excited over a game like this, I also read that it lacks story plot..... so I'm not sure too much what the game has to offer.

And as far as RPG's on the PSP goes, I agree the only RPG's I find my self playing is PSX games. But though there is one PSP RPG that I absolutley loved. YS: Ark of Naphatism this game is great for your hack and slash action, good story plot a little un-original though. But still I love real time RPG's basically to me its like Secret of Mana with only a single player mode. You can upgrade in level, and upgrade your weapons, sounds just like secret of mana to me, real time combat too. I loved this game, I seriously would give it a 9/10 if your an RPG lover.

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim is on PSP? Cool, I never knew that.
I have played the PS2 version, and if it pretty much the same as that, then yeah, it is a great game ^^
As you said, not full on story line to keep ya taxed, but a great hack and slash RPG to play when you got spare time.
I will look into getting this for my PSP, Cheers mate =)

PLZKLLME0080
April 26th, 2007, 02:24
i think it looks cool but it didnt get very good ratings. mabey ill look into it, i donno

I've played it. It's not very good.:mad:

Trying to like it but failing.

sounds like its kinda bad. that sucks cuz the main idea of it (create your own guy ect...) sounds pretty cool.

pkmaximum
April 27th, 2007, 02:53
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim is on PSP? Cool, I never knew that.
I have played the PS2 version, and if it pretty much the same as that, then yeah, it is a great game ^^
As you said, not full on story line to keep ya taxed, but a great hack and slash RPG to play when you got spare time.
I will look into getting this for my PSP, Cheers mate =)

Oh ya and one more recommendation to anyone who wants to try out this game. When you buy the UMD *cough* *cough* dump it and then play it from you memory stick, cause loading times in that game suck a lot if you are playing from a UMD especially at 222mhz... so I recommend ISO at 333mhz. Enjoy =D

gdf
April 27th, 2007, 09:49
hey ffvii cc should be out by the end of the year or the start of 2008 so that will be at least 1 good rpg!