PDA

View Full Version : nintendo Ts? pc third screen?

beltmanana
April 23rd, 2007, 19:54
hey

i was playing pokemon diamond on my ds last night, i absolutely love it btw :D
then i looked across my room and saw my tft monitor...

i wanna know if it'd be possible, a homebrew app maybe, to clone a screen on the ds over wifi so that you could be playing on ur ds but have the top screen in pokemons case, output to the pc aswel as on the ds.

i dont know what the technicallity of running an app at the same time as (/behind) a game are, or even behind a backup rom, but if someoone can figure that out, the cloning shouldn't be to hard right?

maybe its impossible, maybe the ds just doesnt meet the specifications but i just wanted to get the idea out into the homebrew scene.
maybe, just maybe, no-one thought of it yet and i have a brilliant idea? :cool:
lol

ps. anyone feel free to use the name nintendoTS if theyre gunna go ahead and make this thing!

-melting

:thumbup:

DanTheManMS
April 23rd, 2007, 22:30
It's an interesting concept, and I admit it would be pretty cool, but I don't think it would be that possible. The DS doesn't have an operating system, so once a game has taken over, it has full control over the hardware, and anything previously run is cleared. While perhaps a library could be created for homebrew developers to add the capability to their programs, you wouldn't be able to use it on anything that wasn't compiled with support for it.

The only other thing I can think of is something like Nitro Hax with official cartridges, but I highly doubt you'd be able to create an Action Replay DS code that would do something like this.

Tikker
April 23rd, 2007, 23:02
I'm mostly trying to picture how bad it would look to take that tiny resolution and blow it up to 1280x1024 or larger

beltmanana
April 24th, 2007, 22:19
hmm u make good points danthemanms i didnt think about the operating system thing.

as for the resolution, i used to play gba emulators full screen quite happily

well it was a hope...

eomund
April 26th, 2007, 17:37
I wonder if there would ba a way to use a slot 2 device for something like this. The Max Media Dock and others like it have a mini USB to USB connection for transfering files. If a talanted programmer got a hold of this, maybe thay could write a program that will allow this to take place. It's an interesting thought.
Maybe even allowing you to change the view size for the issue stated above.