PDA

View Full Version : Scrabble Help 0.1

wraggster
April 23rd, 2007, 19:54
News/release from Gibbocool (http://www.psp-programming.com/forums/index.php/topic,2254.0.html)

Well for a college assignment I had to make a Scrabble Helper for PC. It was quite a challenge and I enjoyed doing it. So now I have decided that it would be much more useful on a portable computer, so I decided to put my PSP coding skills to the test and port it to PSP.

I started about 6 hours ago and it's working pretty well if I do say so myself

So what is Scrabble Help you ask? Basically it's something that will help you in a good old game of Scrabble. You know scrabble right? Say you have a set of letters "JTRA". The program will search a dictionary for all possible words you can make out of those letters! So in the above example it would return:
ART, JAR, RAJ, RAT, TAR.

Neat right? Wait! There's more! The program also supports wild cards. A wild card in Scrabble Help is "_" (underscore). That means it will substitute any letter in the alphabet to try and make a word. Words that are found with the underscore have that letter displayed in lower case. For example if you have "JTR_", the program will return:
aRT, cRT, JaR, JeT, JoT, JuT, RaJ, RaT, ReT, RoT, RuT, TaR, ToR, TRw, TRy.

Right now there is a limitation that only the first 175 or so words that are found will be displayed because the screen isn't big enough to display any more I'll be working on that some time though.

To Do:

Improve interface and allow more words to be printed
Allow user to change minimum amount of letters in a word
Give the scrabble score of each word

Installation:

Copy the folder "scrabble-help" into your GAME directory if you are using a custom firmware.
If you are using FW 1.50, download the kxploited version.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
April 23rd, 2007, 21:29
sweet!!!! the ultament scrabble cheat tool!!! thanks so much now i can own all my enemys!

Deathnix
April 24th, 2007, 02:29
very nice.
Good to see fresh ideas for homebrew ^^
Only thing I would say *After trying it* Maybe make the charecters in order of alphabit, instead of qwerty key board style.
Thats just my opinion, apart from that, works great!