PDA

View Full Version : Undiluted Platinum PSP Modchip @ Mr Modchips

wraggster
April 23rd, 2007, 20:55
Mr Modchips (http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?ref=20&products_id=455&affiliate_banner_id=1) has announced they are stocking the Undiluted Platinum Modchip for PSP. For those who have a bricked PSP this could be an option at £29.99.

For those who dont know heres the spiel from the site:

http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/images/UP.jpg

The Undiluted Platinum PSP Mod Chip is packed full of features. It is every gamers' dream to have a modified PSP that will play all Homebrew Games, Movies, and Apps. The Undiluted Platinum PSP Mod Chip will allow you to Unbrick any previously Bricked PSP because of its 2nd flash on the board. It is hands down the BEST breakthrough in the gaming industry today.

The U.P. (Undiluted Platinum) PSP ModChip is a flash replacement system for the Sony PSP™ which allows the use of previous flash updates or custom firmware builds, This ability creates the opportunity to run unsigned homebrew code on even the latest Sony PSP Handheld Portable. There is no more need for Unreliable Hacked Firmware. The U.P. contains 32MB NAND flash which is programmable from a PC via USB Cable with user friendly software. The Dual-Boot Feature of the U.P. PSP Mod Chip allows you to boot from the PSP's Onboard Flash, or the one mounted on the Undiluted Platinum PSP ModChip; You can tell your PSP which Flash to use by a single button being pressed during power-up. Hold L1 during power up to boot from PSP flash, or dont hold anything to boot from U.P Flash Default. Since U.P. provides a secondary flash which the PSP can boot from, it can even be used to restore a PSP which has been "bricked". Every effort has been made to make our flash updater software, which will be freely available for download, both as easy to use and reliable as possible. The software also contains diagnostics which can be used by installers to determine if an installation has been successful or not.

The U.P. has been designed to minimize installation difficulty and effort. A FPC (flexible printed circuit) cable is included which routes the essential signals from the PSP motherboard to the U.P. main board and U.P. USB connector. Copper enamel wire is included, which will provide the connection between the FPC cable and the motherboard signal traces. The FPC cable also helps by reducing the mechanical stress placed on the solder points, making a U.P. modified PSP shock resistant which is important for handheld systems.

The FPC cable end to which the USB connector board attaches is routed into the battery compartment and sits above the battery. The Battery Cover can be replaced after flash updating and the cable remains safely in the compartment until the next update is required, whereupon the USB connector can be clipped in place within a few seconds. This means that the U.P. is completely contained within the PSP under normal usage and avoids any unsightly external modifications to your PSP. PSP is after all portable, let’s keep it that way!

In order to maximise the benefits that U.P. can provide its users, The U.P. PSP Mod Chip has an open source approach, and will be releasing source code for any software U.P releases, as well as full documentation for the U.P. hardware interface - including information on how to control U.P. from within PSP programs. This will allow anybody to create software which can take advantage of what U.P. has to offer.

Features:
Run your Homebrew Code in even the latest PSP's
No need for Hacked Firmware anymore, Dual Flash boot will bust your PSP wide open with possibilities
Play your Homebrew or Backup Games, Movies and Apps
Ultra reliable and feature rich Actel ProASIC Plus FPGA
Full Speed USB 1.1 ASIC onboard
Branded 32MB NAND flash onboard (same flash as used in PSP)
Stable and reliable flashing software freely available for download
Installation verification using flashing software
Ultra compact four layer PCB
High quality Japanese connectors
USB cable included
FPC cable included, reducing installation effort and improving shock resistance
Copper enamel wire included
Open platform development system for software developers
Installation has been optimized to fit entirely inside PSP
All PSP hardware versions/regions supported
User updatable flash
Low power consumption
Flash select via button press
Ultra compact PCB has been designed to avoid signal bounce

Buddy4point0
April 23rd, 2007, 21:19
thanks for the update. and there not too expensive, i might install 1 just in case

Basil Zero
April 23rd, 2007, 21:36
Might consider getting this....

Poor-Kingz
April 23rd, 2007, 21:45
i dont like it that they called Dark_Alex's work as "unreliable hacked firmware."

baracki96
April 23rd, 2007, 21:45
Finally an affordable chip. I wil seriously consider purchasing it.

Nicko01
April 23rd, 2007, 22:08
I love my UP.
If you don't want to get it installed, you should go to www.chicagogamewerks.com to get it done. I sent in my PSP and got it back in a little less than 2 weeks. their installation costs $75 USD. Great for US people.

Lodis
April 23rd, 2007, 22:27
I have had the UP since it was first released along with the Xland USB Mod. It is still working perfectly and I have no regrets. Obviously the price has gone down since it has been out for a while and there is now new competition. It might still be worth getting the other Modchip instead though even if it does cost more.

nebulator
April 23rd, 2007, 22:46
There really trying to sell this lol ..listing all its "features" lol ..might get one even so ...isn't there another one out tho ?

superpomme
April 23rd, 2007, 22:59
just to clarify if anyones confused, this isnt the new modchip thats coming out, its teh old one from the summer

pt9087
April 24th, 2007, 00:47
Wow that is cheap!! i may buy!

SpooForBrains
April 24th, 2007, 01:22
Doesn't this have problems with TA-082 motherboards due to the different voltages? Or something like that ...

Uberman
April 24th, 2007, 01:49
Full Speed USB 1.1 ASIC onboard

I hope the PSP's main USB connector continues to work with this installed. I can't imagine transferring 1GB+ files across a USB v1.1 interface, "Full Speed" or not.

SpooForBrains
April 24th, 2007, 09:54
I hope the PSP's main USB connector continues to work with this installed. I can't imagine transferring 1GB+ files across a USB v1.1 interface, "Full Speed" or not.

According to my reading of the blurb, the installing of the chip requires adding a second USB connector inside the battery compartment, so, yes, the PSP's USB connector will continue to function as normal. This isn't like the new chip that uses the PSP's built in port.

mavsman4457
April 24th, 2007, 19:23
I think I would still prefer to get the new chip because it can be installed on any PSP and it seems that it is much more easily installed.

rbervoets
April 25th, 2007, 07:39
£30 Wow!

Broadus
April 25th, 2007, 08:33
Sweet! Those used to be more expensive. I have a bricked PSP that needs one of these.
I hope they ship to the US...

Paradok
April 25th, 2007, 09:26
There is no more need for Unreliable Hacked Firmware.

Wow, would someone please kick these guys in the teeth?

As if smearing DA's selfless work for profit wasn't bad enough, "No more need"? UP was out months before the first custom firmware, or at least any custom firmware that I'd heard of. If this chip really eliminated the need for custom firmware, there never would have been any need for custom firmware. Clearly that's not true.

Don't get me wrong, the chip sounds very cool and all, and it might even make a nice addition to a PSP coupled with custom firmware, money allowing. I just hate the mud-slinging and scare tactics.

Don't listen to them DA. My Unreliable Hacked Firmware is working top notch, and I'm very grateful for it. :)

DemiAngelz
April 25th, 2007, 15:07
i have a noob question. does this chip work for a TA-082? ive heard that the TA-082's mother board doesnt have enough power to run the chip. someone please msg me?