PDA

View Full Version : Devhook Firmware Installer *Update 4/23/07*

wraggster
April 24th, 2007, 06:32
New release from Sleepy (http://www.psp-programming.com/forums/index.php/topic,1898.0.html)

Devhook Firmware Installer v0.6i

About:

This program was originally created by tommydanger, as a n00b friendly way to install new scary firmwares into Devhook easily. I simply modified it to make it neater, have wider compatibility, and also support the newest firmwares. I also made it so I could win some rocks in flatmush's little contest. I have now updated it to support more firmwares (for decrypting) and for running on more firmwares too.

To Use:

Extract everything to the root of your memory stick, put your firmware of choice in the root of your memory stick, and then run and enjoy!
Read the readme for further instruction and other news.

Works With:

This program will run on 1.00, 1.50, 2.71 SE (all), and all OE firmwares. Please don't email me asking why it doesn't run on your 3.03 or 3.11 firmware PSP anymore.

Changelog:

Version 0.6i
*Added full support for firmware 3.40 (please note that devhook doesn't support 3.30+)
*Bug fixes (not all fixed, check out readme for more info)
*Added newest Devhook and folders for all the firmwares you could decrypt (though unsupported)
*Added firmware 1.50 as an example of where to keep FWs (much confusion on that point)

Download Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?3yxz1nfknxi)

wm4
April 24th, 2007, 06:38
Although it is good to hear this, but just consider that devhook does not support 3.30+.... actually
there is nothing we can do ....

neosayuki
April 24th, 2007, 06:47
Hopefully booster will add that in a new release soon/

mareko_pl
April 24th, 2007, 10:23
hey an1 have a problem with psx emu after updating to 3.40 oe??
My game (Chrono Cross ntsc cd1) is allways crashing after 30 min of gameplay....i dont check on others psx game but it never crash on my old 3.03 oe-C. Any sugestions?

aznTerz
April 24th, 2007, 14:36
yeh i hope the new devhook comes out soon....
but we don reallii need to emulate 3.40 yet....
but i wish sony would add something new into there firmware....

Mc_Logical
April 24th, 2007, 18:57
hey an1 have a problem with psx emu after updating to 3.40 oe??
My game (Chrono Cross ntsc cd1) is allways crashing after 30 min of gameplay....i dont check on others psx game but it never crash on my old 3.03 oe-C. Any sugestions? some of my psx games dont load on 3.30 OE A 2, i didnt bother to update to 3.40 OE because it only just came out and its best to wait for updates, i think dark alex brought it out so fast to compete with sony for bringing out the 3.40 update which was mainly a security update because of 3.30 OE or am i wrong? this devhook says put the firmware of your choice in the root of the memory stick, so could u emualte 1.0? im genna try lol

EDIT: i just realised u cant get the 1.0 eboot? and the readme says below 2.70 emulation doesnt work, but yea OE firmware all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i still like to test new devhooks though

Buddy4point0
April 24th, 2007, 20:03
this is great for 1.5 users, though i really think every1 should just upgrade to oe. i find it so much better, because you can use all sony features and homebrew. what else could you want? oh customizations... oe has that, what else? more flash space? well you can disable fonts and stuff and get all the flash you need.
seriously i highly highly recomend oe over devhook.
but still devhook is a very good program and you guys should keep up the good work.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
April 24th, 2007, 22:29
ah................. Devhook, brings back old memories............

rockiecxh
April 25th, 2007, 06:31
I'm using the FW 3.30OE, how can i try some iso games on my pc through usb by devhook? anybody can help me?

mog
April 25th, 2007, 12:56
Umm, as far as I know this will NOT work on FW 1.00?
I still have 1.00 and have never updated... No firmware loaders work on it whatsoever (yet) right?
Best devhook I could ever use was v0.22, and that doesn't load firmwares...

nakko
May 1st, 2007, 22:39
Here is what I understand:

Copy all the files to the memory stick root
Drop an update EBOOT.PBP into the root
Run the installer, and it will make this firmware bootable in Devhook

However, for OE firmwares, there is no EBOOT.PBP, just a DATA.DXAR. So, how do I install "any OE firmware" with this tool? How do I get an EBOOT.PBP out of the OE update maker to use this program?

b_simpson1999
May 2nd, 2007, 00:10
yeah i whould like the devhook to be able to run custom firmware as well. but for now have to do with normal firmware