PDA

View Full Version : No PSP price drop for Oz

wraggster
April 24th, 2007, 19:38
via gamespot (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6169586.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=morenews&tag=morenews;title;5)

Aussie gamers hoping the recently announced PlayStation Portable price drop for Europe would apply down under needn't hold their breath, with a Sony Computer Entertainment Australia (SCEA) spokesperson today confirming there are currently no plans to lower the price of the handheld unit.

The SCEA spokesperson told GameSpot AU that whilst a PSP drop wasn't imminent for Australia, the company was "evaluating local market conditions" for a possible future price reduction. "We will make an announcement when a decision has been made," the spokesperson said. In Australia, the PSP Base Pack retails for A$349.95 ($291).

Sony last night confirmed it was reducing the price of the PSP for UK and European gamers. From May 4, the handheld's core price will drop to £129.99 (from £149.99) in the UK, and to 169 euros for the rest of Europe. The price of US PSPs dropped $30 to $169.99 in early April.

Buddy4point0
April 24th, 2007, 19:58
hm. thats stinks. sry aussie folks, i hope you get the drop anyway

Basil Zero
April 24th, 2007, 23:44
ya. thats messed up, hopefully they change mind

remember sony did say that Euro wont see a price drop, but afterawhile they did

Vangar
April 25th, 2007, 09:13
Doesn't matter me, i bought it for that price when it came out, so no price drop here doesn't matter - its not like many members here don't have a psp =P.