PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo considering Wii keyboard peripheral

wraggster
April 24th, 2007, 19:43
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/24/nintendo-considering-wii-keyboard-peripheral/)

Look out Microsoft, your text input device isn't the only console keyboard peripheral in the planning stages. Our friends at Wii Fanboy got a pic from page 18 of Game Informer's May 2007 issue (that's the one with the GTA IV exclusive) that mentions, "Nintendo's development team says that it is considering adding a keyboard peripheral to the system in order to make online surfing easier." We agree, browsing the web on the Wii can be a chore, but we're not really looking forward to a clumsy keyboard hanging around our svelte Wii. All right, all right, they haven't "officially announced anything at this time," so we'll wait to see what the boys in Kyoto cook up. How about some DS touchscreen keyboard action?

bmemike
April 24th, 2007, 20:00
The Wii browser is neat and all, but I haven't used it since the day the beta launched. If I'm going to do any serious browsing, I'm more likely to hook my laptop to my TV via DVI than the Wii - and I'll get a much higher resolution at the same time.

The people that are probably most excited about this are those that are trying to get Linux installed on the Wii. Official peripherals are going to be the most hardware compliant.

Nicko01
April 24th, 2007, 21:48
I will be getting this :)