PDA

View Full Version : possible helicopter remote

jondoe696911
April 25th, 2007, 01:45
ok i was at the target today, and i picked up a little airhogs havoc helicopter, what i was wondering is, is it possible to controll it via the psp? its ir controlled, and it only has 2 channels. i know irshell can controll tv's and other things via the ir transmitter, any idea how to go about this, if its even possible?

Triv1um
April 25th, 2007, 15:46
Are you sure IR is powerful enough for a remote airoplane?!!

Anyway, if it is (doubt it)

I dare say its not possible.

eatnooM
April 25th, 2007, 16:13
I have sat in front of me a PicooZ IR-controlled helicopter, so I dare say that IR is suitable, if a bit limited in terms of range.

It sounds feasible to me, someone admittedly pretty clueless, however someone would have to get round to making an app/ircode for controlling it.

jondoe696911
April 25th, 2007, 20:16
see thats what i was thinking, the range probably wouldnt be too good, but i need to see if i cannot find the tutorial on how to make your own pronto codes for irshell. i will be doing research, i might have just found something to do for a while. lol

eatnooM
April 25th, 2007, 23:41
Slight problem may be that you're really supposed to be able to have analog controls, as if the controls are either "up, down or neither" your helicopter is gonna be going though some erratic behaviour :p

Might be more feasible to have an app coded for this purpose alone, which would present the problem of finding someone both capable and willing to make one. :x