PDA

View Full Version : piKey 0.2 is released! [updated]

wraggster
April 25th, 2007, 06:30
News from Noobz (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=50&Itemid=1) is an updated big fix release of their keyboard driver for PSP.

Last night's release contained a bug in the Danzeff plugin which caused it not to work. That bug is now fixed, and the download link has been updated.

more info:

This version brings the following major updates:

A new keypress mode, which allows more natural use of the keyboard in action games etc. The default mode is now keypress mode, and the keyboard will switch automatically to text input mode when required.
Custom key-to-button assignment - so now you can define WASD buttons for FPS game movement, as well as cursor keys for XMB movement, for instance.
Support for mapping keypresses to analog joystick movements.
Support for converting keypresses into Danzeff OSK presses - so now you can use your physical keyboard with homebrew that uses the Danzeff virtual keyboard - e.g. AFKIM.
Installer now fixed to correctly install to flash0, to support GAME150 homebrew.
Palm UW keyboard ought to at least partially work, but I can't test it myself.

Optional on-screen status information.
Various minor bugfixes.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

hatrix
April 25th, 2007, 06:37
last time i used palm keyboard on v0.1, it semi-bricked my psp...
hmmm should i try again with this one

Panini
April 25th, 2007, 08:26
I installed the version released yesterday (im on 340oea) and it seemed to act very strange on my psp.

Every time I would open a hombrew (cps1, filemanager, mame4all etc) it would load it would automaticaly load up up saying 'pikey actived' even though I had not turned any of the plugins on through recovery?

Ive since deleted the plugins but because they were flashed to my psp the message still comes up everytime i open an emu/homwbrew? ...its particular bad with njs arcade emus cause they freeze once it boots up as soon as the pikey activatiopn text comes up?

Will this release from this post sort out those bugs? ...can i just reflash it again? ...help!

Also what is the pikey sample eboot for?

Thankyou

DarthPaul
April 25th, 2007, 09:29
I think it was the bug created by the Danzef's OSK,but now it's fixed.

factor remix
April 25th, 2007, 22:05
this is the update form the oter release?

mavsman4457
April 25th, 2007, 22:09
I guess I won't try this out just yet. I'll have to wait until it's a little more advanced.

Buddy4point0
April 25th, 2007, 22:18
sweet thanks for the update guys

telnaur
April 26th, 2007, 00:04
I have been looking forward to new releases with this homebrew for a long time now. Great Job!!

eternityoffate
April 26th, 2007, 05:45
well this is my first post ever. but if your anything like me your looking for applications to try out with the keyboard and your waiting for a working text editor. i've used my psp quite extensively in college and i just found this little jem from the past that lets you enter and save text using the keyboard so anyone looking to take notes in class enjoy

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38043

and i didn't make it and props to whoever did..

Panini
April 26th, 2007, 08:29
well this is my first post ever. but if your anything like me your looking for applications to try out with the keyboard and your waiting for a working text editor. i've used my psp quite extensively in college and i just found this little jem from the past that lets you enter and save text using the keyboard so anyone looking to take notes in class enjoy

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38043

and i didn't make it and props to whoever did..

Cool thanks for the tip. I was hoping the text editor in psppda will also work with this?

eternityoffate
April 26th, 2007, 20:53
No such luck, I'm hoping some of the old programmers come back and update their software for pikey compatibility. So far when it comes to danzeff the most i've been able to get to function is AFKIM 3. I tried all the versions of links browser, psposte, and i wasn't able to get the danzeff input keyboard to function on either of those. psppda didn't have a danzeff keyboard or at least the one i could find so i couldn't get it to work.

But also i'm wondering if fanjita knows about the mapping program built into that other program and if perhaps it might be a key to allowing a wider vartiety of IR keyboards. I mean building your own configuration in that type of interface could help with programming your own keyboard functions. I thought it odd that fanjita mapped some keys that weren't on the targus universal keyboard like the num-lock

well sorry about the long rant i'm just excited by the technology.