PDA

View Full Version : Dcemu (users) slow.

scarph
April 25th, 2007, 11:27
Well just kidding about the users things. I have a very fast internet connection/nice computer, but dcemu is getting very slow especially in the forums sections. Maybe we have a lot more members now, or someone skimped on the service this month.

Who knows.

JKKDARK
April 25th, 2007, 12:52
I'm getting normal speed

VampDude
April 25th, 2007, 14:41
DEmu is running the same as ever for me

quzar
April 25th, 2007, 14:44
DCemu slows down quite often.
Not only that but the pages are HUGE (filesize).

Both of which will affect your browsing speed.

Triv1um
April 25th, 2007, 15:41
All of DCEmu is really slow for me.

Its alright though.

VampDude
April 25th, 2007, 17:15
DCemu slows down quite often.
Not only that but the pages are HUGE (filesize).

Both of which will affect your browsing speed.

Only slows down for me when:

QUOTING - not very often it slows thou

Previewing my post before submitting - slows down loads

Sending quoted messages - screen shows blue for some time (4-5 seconds +)

But all these are normal, I've had theses slowdowns since I joined in August...

...So I don't take the slowdowns seriously, cause they cannot be helped as (vBulletin) the server host has a lot of online traffic

Sonicboy 101
April 25th, 2007, 17:17
Slows down for me when searching forums.

gdf
April 25th, 2007, 19:07
funny mines goes quite fast and i'm on dialup:)

ICE
April 25th, 2007, 19:12
yep its always been fairly slow for me. not bad though.

Buddy4point0
April 25th, 2007, 21:05
it is VERY slow for me when i try to +rep someone

scottyboynow
April 25th, 2007, 21:11
Its slow for me always, I'm using wireless, but get a speed of about 1mbps, on a good day 1.5-2.o.

PLZKLLME0080
April 25th, 2007, 21:25
it's slower than most other sites for me.

VampDude
April 26th, 2007, 00:41
lmao, you're all a bunch of slowmo's!

PLZKLLME0080
April 26th, 2007, 00:57
lmao, you're all a bunch of slowmo's!

:eek:

WTF i have comcast, its NOT slow. it may have something to do with im in the U.S. and this site is in the UK (i think it is anyway)

VampDude
April 26th, 2007, 01:08
:eek:

WTF i have comcast, its NOT slow. it may have something to do with im in the U.S. and this site is in the UK (i think it is anyway)

Doesn't make any difference where a site is, if it's a .co.uk or a .com a site is a site at the end of the day...

...It's mostly all down to bandwidth and server traffic, vBulletin is the server which vBulletin is a .com and could be anywhere and this site being a .co.uk fould be in France for all you know - but nah, it's in the UK and nothing to do where the site is! lol :p

PLZKLLME0080
April 26th, 2007, 01:12
Doesn't make any difference where a site is

wow. then why has every japanese site ive been to took a REALLY LONG TIME TO LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOAAAAADdDDddDdDdD?

i think how far away it is can effect how long it takes to load, as in recieve the info from the server.

VampDude
April 26th, 2007, 01:24
wow. then why has every japanese site ive been to took a REALLY LONG TIME TO LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOAAAAADdDDddDdDdD?

i think how far away it is can effect how long it takes to load, as in recieve the info from the server.

Bandwidth, and Japanese sites are naturally slow due to an overload or something...

...The internet is very popular in Japan, too popular in most cases

Video_freak
April 26th, 2007, 01:25
Well I get around 6-7 Mbps (around 1MB/s on good days) and even more during the night, but DCEmu is pretty slow. Not THAT slow, but slower than other sites. It used to load the pages instantly though.

VampDude
April 26th, 2007, 01:33
Well I get around 6-7 Mbps (around 1MB/s on good days) and even more during the night, but DCEmu is pretty slow. Not THAT slow, but slower than other sites. It used to load the pages instantly though.

During the daytime the site is moderatly slower (weekends), but the speed doesn't drop so much during the week...

...I've noticed that some threads are slower than others, mainly because they are overloaded with large images

Video_freak
April 26th, 2007, 01:58
Yeah mostly images slow the servers down. It used to be faster just because there weren't this many users before. DCEmu has really grown. :)

VampDude
April 26th, 2007, 02:00
Yeah mostly images slow the servers down. It used to be faster just because there weren't this many users before. DCEmu has really grown. :)

Members???

Most of who visit DCEmu are merely just passing Visitors who we don't get the pleasure of meeting as they are too scared to signup, or when they do they never post! :(

Video_freak
April 26th, 2007, 02:03
Yeah that's what I meant... I was including visitors. I too used to be too shy to sign up, but then I needed to if I wanted to download stuff. Then I was too shy to post. But I got over it I guess. Anyways I'm glad I started posting here. It would be nice if others realized that too.

VampDude
April 26th, 2007, 02:13
Yeah that's what I meant... I was including visitors. I too used to be too shy to sign up, but then I needed to if I wanted to download stuff. Then I was too shy to post. But I got over it I guess. Anyways I'm glad I started posting here. It would be nice if others realized that too.

I was hiding since mid June, I don't like signing up to sites - unless I need help! lol :p

Video_freak
April 26th, 2007, 02:43
Yeah that's the only reason I actually started posting I think. :o

VampDude
April 26th, 2007, 02:47
Yeah that's the only reason I actually started posting I think. :o

Same reason everyone else joined, I originally joined to get help to bugger off again but I buggered up my 1st psp the day I got it by accidently upgrading the firmware to 2.80 from 1.50 (I wasn't to know not to accept the SONY update) lol

SnesR0X
April 27th, 2007, 00:21
some days it's slow, but today it's normal speed

VampDude
April 27th, 2007, 00:55
Today is normal speed, no slowdowns whatsoever