PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix downloadable games on hold

wraggster
April 25th, 2007, 17:44
Square Enix spokesperson Shinji Hashimoto has told the Japanese press that the company famed for the Final Fantasy series that the Japanese market still requires its games in physical form.

Speaking to Nintendo Dream about Square Enix's plans to bring RPG franchises to VC (translated by IGN), Hashimoto said, "We feel that the Japanese game market still requires [physical] media. Also, FF and Dragon Quest are played by a wide range of users, from children to adults, so there are limitations when you consider the problems that we would have with billing systems."

They're just playing hard to get.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162671)

Cap'n 1time
April 25th, 2007, 17:48
Oh come on.. I think Super Mario RPG sort of belongs on the VC.

Basil Zero
April 25th, 2007, 21:26
Super Mario RPG for the VC

FFVII on PSN!

basilb
April 25th, 2007, 22:31
Damit we're not talking about the japanese market, they need to put Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger on VC for the UK!

Drewbot47
April 26th, 2007, 05:23
Square-Enix is a big player in mobile games in Japan so I'm sure this is all about squeezing better terms from Nintendo before releasing the catalog on VC.

After all, there isn't a physical disc when you download FF1 on your FOMA phone.

Drew

Abgoj
April 26th, 2007, 20:42
A lot of their games are selling well at a full game price e.g ff 20th anniversary, so I don't see any reason why they would put their games on the vc for a small amount of money...........at least not for a while