PDA

View Full Version : Sony job cuts detailed

wraggster
April 25th, 2007, 18:09
News breaking earlier this month that Sony Europe was laying off 160 staff has now been followed by details on the SCEE development studios affected by the cuts.

Reported on developer blog Inner Bits, Sony Liverpool (Wipeout, Formula One), Sony Cambridge (24: The Game, Primal, GhostHunter, MediEvil) and Sony London (The Getaway, Home, EyeToy, SingStar) are the studios hit.

Sony Liverpool has seen over 50 redundancies, Cambridge around 20 and London again over 50. The blog says that an additional 30 staff working mainly in marketing, sales and PR have gone.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe declined to comment on the staff cuts when contacted.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162740)

Man
April 25th, 2007, 19:18
Probably due to horribal customer service, and those horrid dustball commercials. I hope that this doesnt effect the game production

Basil Zero
April 25th, 2007, 21:18
Probably due to horribal customer service, and those horrid dustball commercials. I hope that this doesnt effect the game production

I doubt it was about the commercials except maybe for that one racist one lol

Buddy4point0
April 25th, 2007, 21:24
yea thats cause sony sucks.
let into homebrew and you would sell more.
then you wouldt have to drop all your peeps

animekid4
April 25th, 2007, 23:37
yea thats cause sony sucks.
let into homebrew and you would sell more.
then you wouldt have to drop all your peeps

If Sony allowed homebrew, they would only get sued by nearly every gaming company out there.

Cokemusic
April 26th, 2007, 00:01
If Sony allowed homebrew, they would only get sued by nearly every gaming company out there.

What because the PSP would have the ability to run copy righted material illegaly?

Based on that idea Microsoft,Mac,Nokia,Samsung and all other PC,Mobile,Multimedia,Gaming device companies that have the ability to run copy righted material illegaly should get sued too.

mikebeaver
April 26th, 2007, 00:05

So what do they make of the GP2X then, hey?
Surely the ONLY reason anyone has one of those is to run homebrew.

PSPFR3AK
April 26th, 2007, 13:58
I doubt it was about the commercials except maybe for that one racist one lol

:confused:

MattZani
April 26th, 2007, 20:38
i think he means the white woman holding the black woman by the jaw, to advertise White PSP, said something about the white being superior.

PLZKLLME0080
April 26th, 2007, 20:40
Sony Europe was laying off 160 staff

wow, thats nothing compared to how many were layed of by GM.