PDA

View Full Version : Japan gets 25 new downloadable PS1 games

Shrygue
April 25th, 2007, 18:39
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/04/25/japan-gets-25-new-downloadable-ps1-games/)

Japan is receiving a huge selection of PS1 games to download on the PLAYSTATION Store, starting 4/26. The following games will be playable both on PSP and PS3 systems equipped with firmware 1.7:

Spectral Force (Idea Factory)
R-Types (Irem)
A.IV. Evolution Global (Artdink)
Resident Evil Directors Edition (Capcom)
Bishibashi Special (Konami)
Arc the Land (Sony)
Ore no Shi wo Koete Yuke (Sony)
Gunners Heaven (Sony)
Ganbare Morikawa-kun Ni-go (Sony)
Marl Oukoku no Ningyou Hime (Nippon Ichi)
Tekken 2 (Bandai Namco)But, that's not all.The Store will update with these additional titles, which will not be PS3-compatible (for reasons unknown):

Ikasama Mahjong (Idea Factory)
CG Mukashi Banashi Jiisan Ni-do Bikkuri (Idea Factory)
Yaku Tsu Noroi no Game (Idea Factory)
Lunatic Dawn III (Artdink)
A5: Take the A-Train 5 (Artdink)
Metal Slug X (SNK Playmore)
Real Bout Garou Densetsu (aka Real Bout Fatal Fury, SNK Playmore)
Kenkaku Ibunroku Yomigaerishi Soukou no Yaiba Samurai Spirits Shinshou (aka Samurai Showdown Warriors Rage, SNK Playmore)
Bakumatsu Roman: Gekka no Kenshi (aka The Last Blade, SNK Playmore)
Garou Densetsu Wild Ambition (aka Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, SNK Playmore)
Fushigi Keiji (Capcom)
Philsoma (Sony)
Jigsaw World (Nippon Ichi)
Wai Wai Tennis Plus (Hamster)This is a significant update, far larger than any before it. Could this reflect upon a larger availability of PS1 titles in America as well?

Accordion
April 25th, 2007, 20:24
hmmm, a very strange move to release more ps3 uncompatible games....

i wonder why

burrito
April 25th, 2007, 20:43
lol
I can download any ps1 game :)

Veskgar
April 25th, 2007, 20:44
The most exciting thing to me about this is that SONY must be very confident in their POPS emulator. To commercialize the emulation of so many games at once, SONY would have to be sure that they work 100% -

Also, if the POPS emulator has increased in compatibility so much, that also means a lot of other games will probably work perfect also. Perhaps maybe even some games that have previously had issues.

I think this is great for people who use the latest OE custom firmware for the newest version of POPS.

Thank you SONY!
Thank you Dark_AleX!

Cristyle
April 25th, 2007, 21:11
Nice to see a growing ps1 store, but i want da fu**in' Resident Evil 2, 3 and FF ;-D

Buddy4point0
April 25th, 2007, 21:17
i can get any ps1 game i want on my psp so i really dont care about this

Basil Zero
April 25th, 2007, 21:17
lol

Same here lol

Paiku
April 25th, 2007, 21:52
Arc the lad is nice and so is Gunners heaven.

Veskgar
April 25th, 2007, 21:57
Arc the lad is nice

Yeah. I have the Arc The Lad Collection box set. As far as I know, they all work on POPS when converted but I've only played Arc the Lad 1 so far.

Basil Zero
April 25th, 2007, 22:45
FFVII when it comes out, bet it will be the most downloaded game lol

JKKDARK
April 25th, 2007, 23:13
tekken 2, that's wonderful

Paiku
April 25th, 2007, 23:27
Yeah. I have the Arc The Lad Collection box set. As far as I know, they all work on POPS when converted but I've only played Arc the Lad 1 so far.

Really? Me two.
Haven't cared to convert them yet thou.

btw I'm really stuck in Arc2.

Cristyle
April 26th, 2007, 08:45
lol

"SOR" huh? ... :p

One game i'm very looking forward to is RELOADED hehe, i loved the fmvs hehe, esspecially the girl putting an arm into a meatchopper :eek:

RE2, is the only game i'll pay 4

geise69
April 26th, 2007, 12:31
I really like seeing them releasing more games. I don't have a ps3 yet but I'm going to be getting one in the future when I rob a bank. Anyway it's nice to see that Philosoma is on the list. That game was the reason I got a PSX before I got a Saturn. The quality of the CG cut scenes in that game were so ahead of it's time. That games is what got me into doing 3D animation for a living. It's not the best shooter in the world but it sure has some of the prettiest cut scenes on the psx. Still to this day the CG doesn't seem that dated and looks good. Oh yeah and Arc the Lad was another reason I got a PSX. It sure as hell was hard trying to play that game in Japanese. Glad Working Designs brought the series over state side.