PDA

View Full Version : Price Hike at PlayStation Store

Shrygue
April 25th, 2007, 21:13
via IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/783/783288p1.html)

Classic PlayStation gaming through the PSP and PS3 just got a bit more expensive over in Japan. Along with the ability to at long last play Game Archive titles on the PS3 comes a higher download price for all Game Archive games old and new.

Since Sony started its PlayStation download program late last year, downloads through the service have costed 525 yen per game, regardless of the title (that's a 500 yen base price plus 5% tax). That price has gone up just a bit. As of 4/26, all Game Archive titles, old and new, cost a tax-inclusive 600 yen.

Sony's did not provide a reason for the price change. In fact, the company didn't even mention the price change in the press materials that were distributed to announce the start of PS3 compatibility for the service. The new prices have replaced the old ones at the official Game Archives website, however.

This news of price hikes and new downloads concerns only the Japanese market. We'll let you know what's going down outside of Japan once Sony starts talking.

Accordion
April 25th, 2007, 22:07
all prices will go up i think

the europe store says "limited time introductory offer"

i dont see a huge increase though, i dont think they could get away with it

F9zDark
April 26th, 2007, 00:25
Thats only like an 80 cent increase. Nothing to be concerned about quite frankly. At 500 yen, the games were around 4.20 USD, now they are like 5.06. We were paying 5 USD from the get go, so I wouldn't expect an increase here.

Dont know about europe though.

Accordion
April 26th, 2007, 09:46
europes prices go up next month..