PDA

View Full Version : New Ape Escape Announced For PSP

wraggster
April 26th, 2007, 00:30
via ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/783/783052p1.html)

Sony's obnoxious ape mascots are back on the PSP like you've never seen them before. We're all used to catching the pesky little monkeys from the Ape Escape series. But this time, we'll get a chance to play as them!

Sarugetchu Saru Saru Daisakusen begins when the fiendish Specter captures Professor Hakase and shrinks his research lab down to tiny size. Kakeru and Natsumi, the regular heroes in the Ape Escape games, happen to be in the lab at the time, and they get shrunk as well.

It turns out that the professor has been planning for such an emergency. He comes up with a way to merge the research lab, which happens to look just like a hat, with the "piposaru" apes -- the same ones that usually cause trouble. It's up to the apes to collect Nano Cards in order to restore Kakeru and Natsumi back to normal size.

Kakeru and Natsumi are in control of the apes that sport their shrunken research lab as head gear. From the player's perspective, though, you're directly controlling the apes as you adventure through obstacle-filled stages.

You'll encounter new apes as you work through the stages, and must put their special abilities to use. One ape has a glider, and by attaching to him, you can progress to higher ground. One ape is a mermaid, which allows you to swim. Other apes are good for fighting off the mechanical foes that get in your way.

Developed by Hand, this new portable entry in the Ape Escape series hits Japan this summer. There's no word yet on an international release.

Basil Zero
April 26th, 2007, 02:27
hope this one is an original adventure one and not a mini game one

Zion
April 26th, 2007, 02:47
Sweet, I love ape escape :)

I hope its a adventure one too :D

SpacemanSpiff
April 26th, 2007, 04:56
It sounds like it is from the description, can't wait :)

IM back!
April 26th, 2007, 12:46
cant whait

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
April 26th, 2007, 16:39
Cheeky Monkey!!! yeah, can't wait!

Abgoj
April 26th, 2007, 19:38
great, catching monkey's is a hell of a lotta fun

Buddy4point0
April 26th, 2007, 20:23
i like ape excape games. there fun and a good party game