PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Headset

JKKDARK
April 26th, 2007, 01:42
via Gagetell (http://www.gadgetell.com/images/2007/04/ds_headset_02.jpg)

http://www.gadgetell.com/images/2007/04/ds_headset_02.jpg

Nintendo has released a DS branded Headset intended to be used with the two newest DS Pokémon games. The mostly white headset plugs into the Headset Connector port at the base of either the DS or the DS Lite. This allows the user to hear audio and speak into the microphone for certain games or, through either Pokémon Pearl or Pokémon Diamond, use the voice chat feature to talk to other online gamers.

Nintendo slyly slipped in mention of the Headset toward the end of the Pokémon Diamond/Pearl press release without indicating a price or release date. According to a few online sales sites, the DS Headset is currently available for $9.99 and appears to only be available in white.

Look for a review to be posted soon. Initial comments so far - seems to work well enough but the microphone is a little short for an average adult size head.

MagnumKain
April 26th, 2007, 16:17
So, would this only work on some games (Ex. Pokemon D/P) and will it work on a computer?

The_END
April 26th, 2007, 16:38
It looks cool. ^^

Buddy4point0
April 26th, 2007, 20:40
that looks so cool! thanks for the info

kcajblue
April 26th, 2007, 20:59
the ds headset looks awesome.

DanTheManMS
April 27th, 2007, 01:22
So, would this only work on some games (Ex. Pokemon D/P) and will it work on a computer?

I'd imagine it would work on all DS games that use the microphone, but given the shape of the microphone port I don't think it would work on the computer.

gutbub
April 27th, 2007, 04:47
to all of you thinking of buying the headset, dont
i bought it, and its not worth the plastic its made from
if gamestop would allow me to, i would return it for a refund

DanTheManMS
April 27th, 2007, 05:15
You got the official one and not some third-party alternative? What's wrong with it? Is it the audio quality or just general shoddiness?

Seven7
April 27th, 2007, 05:29
I have the official Nintendo DS headset. I like it. It may not be the best out there, but i like it. It suites its purpose.

The fact that it only comes in a white color may not sit well with those that like to color cordinate their DS (ie, all pink accessories with the pink DS, etc). But it functions well enough.

I wont bother comparing it to other headsets for the ds. I've never used any other headsets, so it whouldn't be a fair comparison.

-Seven7-