PDA

View Full Version : Bricked my psp, now I have questions

Lytera
April 26th, 2007, 15:07
:mad: I've never been so pissed when my $250 psp
Died on me
So now a question: Is it possible to make software drivers for pc's usb drives and a program that can hack straight into the flash 0 and 1 from the pc
A psp has power even with a Brick, so I wouldn't think it as impossible.:confused:
Please help me out here:(

steve-b
April 26th, 2007, 16:19
I think the mod chips let you do that

jonezybaby
April 26th, 2007, 17:27
if ur runnin a custom DAX firmware u should still be able 2 unbrick usin the rovery menu

Lytera
April 26th, 2007, 18:51
if ur runnin a custom DAX firmware u should still be able 2 unbrick usin the rovery menu
I have custom firmware 3.30 and 3.10 "i swich back and forth when I need to."
Anyway I swiched the flash0 from 3.30 to 310 but not flash 1. it didn't do anything bad at all. until I set a backround image and put in sleep mode, went to eat dinner. came back turned in on and got somthing that said INTERNAL ERROR. Then the blue screen saying return to default settings. like an idiot i pushed o. instead of going to recovery and flashing the origonal flash1 for 310 back in it.

SSaxdude
April 26th, 2007, 23:08
Can you get to the recovery menu (hold R trigger on start up)?

XxunknowxX
April 26th, 2007, 23:20
I have custom firmware 3.30 and 3.10 "i swich back and forth when I need to."
Anyway I swiched the flash0 from 3.30 to 310 but not flash 1. it didn't do anything bad at all. until I set a backround image and put in sleep mode, went to eat dinner. came back turned in on and got somthing that said INTERNAL ERROR. Then the blue screen saying return to default settings. like an idiot i pushed o. instead of going to recovery and flashing the origonal flash1 for 310 back in it.

first of all doing the return to default wont bricked your PSP my psp when i switch from 3.10 to 3.03 and i use devhook to emulate 2.71 to play socom when i tryed to switch to 3.03 oe-c it always frozes on me and it look like its bricked all i do is take the battery out for a good 3 mins and when put back in it works perfect also try using R when booting up ur psp after u took the battery out

Cloudhunter
April 27th, 2007, 00:23
Go into the recovery mode, then go into usb, then flash1 then delete everything there.

Cloudy

Lytera
April 27th, 2007, 14:38
Can't get to recovery

Cloudhunter
April 27th, 2007, 23:35
Can't get to recovery

Have you tried removing the battery with the AC adapter disconnected, then placing the battery back in?

If you haven't, try that then go into recovery.

Cloudy

Hyper-Beaner
April 28th, 2007, 02:01
What you said made no sence at all. BTW mine can't go into recovery mode ither.

Lytera
April 30th, 2007, 20:09
What you said made no sence at all. BTW mine can't go into recovery mode ither.

I don't want to sound like an (beeb)-hole. But Duh:mad: thats why I'm asking this freaken question.
(Is it possible to make software drivers for pc's usb drives and a program that can hack straight into the flash 0 and 1 from the pc)

parkermauney
April 30th, 2007, 23:02
As of now, no. With the devolution mod chip, yes.
http://psp-devolution.com/

Cloudhunter
May 1st, 2007, 13:34
I was just saying, it might not really be bricked. If you remove the battery, then put it in, sometimes it works if it wasn't really a brick.

Cloudy

grantlionheart
May 1st, 2007, 16:07
My psp semi bricked the other day it would start up not load into the psp menu and not load into recovery menu but the screen was still on, so i just kept switching from batery, ac then eventually it booted into recovery then i just exited recovery and it booted up fine

backup0816
May 20th, 2007, 09:00
walmart trick anyone??? ive done it twice....jus go reurn on a saturday during a big rush

potatoman
May 21st, 2007, 07:50
Just take out the battery, leave it for an hour or two and see what happens

shibikku95
June 3rd, 2007, 06:07
Just take out the battery, leave it for an hour or two and see what happens

well i have the psp devolution in my psp. problem is my
pc wont read my psp right. says unknown device. and the program that they have wont read the psp too! so im still stock with brick :mad:

Gene
June 3rd, 2007, 07:53
well i have the psp devolution in my psp. problem is my
pc wont read my psp right. says unknown device. and the program that they have wont read the psp too! so im still stock with brick :mad:

How was the installation process? Was it difficult at all? or is it pretty easy?

parkermauney
June 3rd, 2007, 16:31
They have usb drivers for download at their site.